Multi frame rate TC question

I'm shooting an interview on a Canon 1D (primary cam) and the Panasonic P2 Varicam (secondary cam). 1D TC set to 23.98 being fed a scratch track from an erx from Nomad. Hardwire into Varicam. The Varicam is shooting at 23.98, but it is actually a pull down from 29.97.

When I tried to feed it 23.98 TC from the erx, I got a warning flashing. When I switched the erx to 29.97, it took the jam fine and appears to be staying in sync. We're not rolling until after lunch so I'll check back then.

My question is twofold:

1. What is happening when the erx is receiving 23.98 TC but outputting at 29.97? And

2. What will happen on the timeline when the audio files and the video files are on 2 different frame rates, but the waveforms are exactly the same?

Thanks

Marc Hoppe

" is the erx converting it, doing in essence a "pull-up" after being sent 23.98? "

not really...

while I have no technical knowledge of the specific camera involved,  the device is jamming on the :00 frame, and counting on its own from there,(that is what "jamming" is); one device is dividing its "second" into 24 slices, and the other is dividing that same second into 30 slices.