quick... let the speculating begin, again...

studiomprd

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new field mixer / recorder, my best feature guess is.

4 pre's + 4 direct ous on ta3. 4 ISO recording tracks, L&R recording tracks, and x1/x2 auxiliaries for a total of 8 recording tracks. Ambient TC I/O. 664 / pic style menu system, 48k, 24bit, recording to sd and cf.

My guess is that you may be the closest -- unless it's a product that incorporates video capabilities, too.

My guess/want is like chris Bollard suggested.......

A 3 channel recorder mixer with direct outputs that can be turned into line inputs to record 6 isos/LR and one aux.

FOr so many of my doco/tv/tvc jobs ,having a boom and between 2 to 4 wireless with TC is all I would ever need.

I love my 664 but its overkill alot of the time .A small footprint lightweight mixer recorder with a SD badge is what Im looking for.

Heres hoping

Ant Nevison

Firstly: It's gonna be awesome!

Secondly: It's gonna be really awesome.

Thirdly: I have no idea what it is gonna be.

-----------

The best guess we have been able to come up with regarding SD development is about flatbed mixers. Not too long ago SD were asking for user input on what features mixers would want on such a device. I'd put money on it being an 8 or 12ch digital flatbed designed to interface with the PIX.

Couple of months back I asked an SD rep when they will finally be releasing their new small recorder. He was taken back by the question as he had no knowledge of anything even remotely like that in the pipeline.

~Mark.

I can't say what it is (I could, but I won't ::)), but I can say that it seems significant enough for me to change my plans and book a flight to LA next week to be there with the Sound Devices team for the unveiling at the Trew Audio Los Angeles store on Tuesday.

I hope to see many of you then.

GT

Was hoping to make the trip but production is over running.

Best of luck with the new store Glen.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s.

My first guess was a new small sized mixer/recorder to compete with Maxx or a game changing wide band digital wireless to compete with Zaxcom or Lectro wireless. Or a new product that is being marketed for the DSLR market although I really hope not. We need more gear for better camera systems. I own a Nomad but have really been impressed for years the robust construction of SD products. Albeit, heavy but definitely can take a beating. Whatever it is I'm excited.

a 788 with 8 direct outputs that can be transformed into 8 line input...? Or a SD332 R (record) or a 744 with 4 mic/line inputs plus 2 mixdown tracks .... 
You will see what it is the 19th, and In France we will see it the 20th.
I like  that SD is not announcing a product and many features years in advance. When they announce it is here and it works. 
I wish it will carry on.

It's an 8x10 of Senator that has a button and a little speaker on it. When you push the button it will say a variety of phrases. 

"It depends"

"Ask the manufacturer"

"Read the F*****g manual"

It will come with a convenient mount for your sound cart. Smaller versions will be available for audio bags as well. Machined aluminum anodized frame. It has a mic level out so you can run the sound to a DSLR camera as a scratch track. 

Any one else notice the simultaneous, full court press, marketing effort from all the vendors? It's either super cool, super profitable, or both.

It works for iPhone.

Are we going to line up around the block just so we can be first to score one?

I think it's cool they're doing an "announcement" rollout.

The government should hire Sound Devices to consult on how to keep secrets.