Torturous locations

jozzafunk

Doing corporate IV's today - The client has their heart set on the large foyer of a big government department of a big open plan building - I'm kicking myself for not bringing the CS3e, he notices me screwing my face up and carrying on and says "don't worry, I'm always torturing soundies"

Not sure if it made me feel better of not ;-)

Oh yeah - wire and boom, once I knew he was well aware I was 'sweet as', his call - The acoustics weren't actually that bad, it was the rattly automatic doors opening and closing every 30 seconds, receptionists and public, and 8 floors of large open plan offices' opening onto the foyer/atrium that were the issue ( including people scraping metals desks over giant cheese graters ( or so it sounded like ) and I think there was someone beating a bag of cats with a stick at some point )

I've been using RX3 adv lately - thing of beauty

My grimaces did help tho and we moved from 'sweaty fever nightmare' spot to 'just a bit horrible' spot, SFN spot wasn't great for camera either.

Oh yeah - wire and boom, once I knew he was well aware I was 'sweet as', his call - The acoustics weren't actually that bad, it was the rattly automatic doors opening and closing every 30 seconds, receptionists and public, and 8 floors of large open plan offices' opening onto the foyer/atrium that were the issue ( including people scraping metals desks over giant cheese graters ( or so it sounded like ) and I think there was someone beating a bag of cats with a stick at some point )...

They have noise problems like that in a city as beautiful as Wellington? I thought only LA was cursed with locations that bad!   ::)

• 2 weeks later...

As Marc says use wireless to get over those problems

end of story

mike

Not quite, I've had significantly better results than I could achieve with the wireless I was using simultaneously on many occasions using a Super CMIT, both for reducing background noise, and reducing reverb, plus just sounding better anyway.