New bag for Sound Devices 633 and Zaxcom MAXX from K-Tek

dfisk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have firm shipping date yet so I can't say for sure, but we are shooting for the end of January. Of course, things can change. We are going to have some units beta tested (I already have testers lined up) before the next step. As confident as I am in the bag, I really want working professionals to get some hands on time with the bag to make sure we didn't miss anything huge. 

In the mean time, design has already started on a bag for the 664. We are going to see if we can make a bag that works with the 664 and the Nomad, but we'll see. They have different dimensions, so I don't know. The 788 is actually much closer in size to the Nomad in terms of width. BUT, getting something out there for the 664, Nomad, and 788 are next on the list, as well as a harness...and then more stuff TBA in the future. 

As things progress I'll be updating everyone here and on our facebook page. Our FB page is usually where updates go first and sometimes I run promos on there. I recently gave away a free Nautilus on our FB page. I just might do something like that with this bag. You never know.

Hey, all I (desperately) need to know is when this product would be available to order and ship to the UK. I have a shoot in January and I would love to be carrying my Maxx in this pouch rather than a awkward-fitting Petrol bag or the lazy 'Ar-Maxx' by Portabrace.

Please say this can be ordered before the end of the year! I'm already sold...

Years of experience tells me that you should NOT plan your shoot based on getting a specific item that is not yet in production, nor in the distribution channel yet.

This is not a commentary on K-Tek -- it's based on experience with the realities of life. Looking at it another way, the downside of not having the bag in time for your shoot far outweighs the upside of receiving it in time.

However, what you might consider is contacting your dealer with the order and arranging a loaner while you await delivery.

Thank you for all of the responses. Very helpful, on a lot of levels. I had thought about contacting k-tek directly, but since this public forum has been so useful to me, i thought an answer to my question would be better publicised here for others to see as well.

John, you are quite right about the planning. I can beg, borrow or buy other options that would do the job, in an unsatisfying way. It would just be a real shame to miss having an ideal pouch for the shoot, when i have all other kit prepared for it.

Either way, it's good to know for sure where is stand. Cheers!

" Then do facebook." 

sorry, dude,  I choose not to, and realize I miss out on numerous contests, giveaways, and etc.

" no telephone or email? How do you get work then? "

actually I do do both telephone and email, even with text messages!

I don't know about the others, maybe they just post on jwsoundgroup.net and read CL..

" Then do facebook." 

sorry, dude,  I choose not to, and realize I miss out on numerous contests, giveaways, and etc.

" no telephone or email? How do you get work then? "

actually I do do both telephone and email, even with text messages!

I don't know about the others, maybe they just post on jwsoundgroup.net and read CL..

I think we should start a senator fan page on FB

Hey, all I (desperately) need to know is when this product would be available to order and ship to the UK. I have a shoot in January and I would love to be carrying my Maxx in this pouch rather than a awkward-fitting Petrol bag or the lazy 'Ar-Maxx' by Portabrace.

Please say this can be ordered before the end of the year! I'm already sold...

Thanks for your interest. I'll be sure to pass that informative message on. 

The front pouches, can they support a zaxcom TRX/STA setup?

Which TRX? There are a couple different versions. If you are referring to just the body pack versions, then you don't need the wireless pouches because the clip will just clip right onto the bag.