New bag for Sound Devices 633 and Zaxcom MAXX from K-Tek

dfisk

I have noticed the two sides of the bag are zip, instead of velcro or elastic tights. Where do all the cables come in or out of the bag. Zip half way, leave a gap in between ? or there is a special place to put out the cables. 

Let's say a boom cable plug to a SD 633 input. 

Thanks 

Hiro

There are six zippers on each side flap. These allow you to have openings in the zipper to pass cables through while having the sides closed.

post-321-0-01686000-1385193193_thumb.jpg

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What looks great at first glance is the way that this bag at least appears to be able to really close up tight / shut all the doors for carrying around when not in use: placing on the car seat or under the lunch table or carrying on board a plane. I've even thought about making a rigid soft bag / sleeve for just this purpose, like a travel over-case, all xlrs and msc safely tucked away inside.

Also love the idea of the mesh cable pouches inside the side covers - always need a place to cram excess headphone or snake cable to keep it from dangling 'out there' in danger...

and looking at all of that space beneath the recorder & receiver pouches… maybe an option for a pouch or something to stash stuff?

Would you consider putting a few elastic bands on the piece that separates the mixer and the internal wireless area?

That way we can use the slightly more bulky pouches on the outside of the bag and just slip our receivers under the elastic inside the bag (like the current petrol bags have).

Fantastic bag.

Yes. You can clip the wireless pouches on the inside and the outside of the bag on the front. It's totally up to you. 

I believe, on the very front pouches of all bags, there NEEDS be a strip or two of (neoprene?) Sewn on, in a fashion, so that wireless transmitters can be clipped on. Transmitter storage right up front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you talking about transmitters for camera hops? If so, the front of our bag is rigid so you can clip transmitters right on the front as it is. 

Is there a sewn in belt loop on the back of the bag? I like using it to tie my kit down when in follow cart mode.

No, there isn't, but there is a mesh divider that goes between your body and the back of the bag that might be able to be used for this purpose. It's pretty taught, though, so I don't know if you would be able to use it for that purpose. 

while we're at it and busy as children composing our santa list, maybe some simple -?- that velcroes on & off and works as a display shade (for the just possibly sometimes hard to read in really bright sunlight moments...) and lives inside the front pocket the rest of time. But maybe i'm the only one… koo koo ka'choo

This bag looks great and I love that it stands up by itself. Because its rigid, will it fit into a Pelican 1650? I travel for work almost exclusively and pack my kit into a 1650 rolling case. Its nice to be able to put the bag in the case without too much breakdown of components, so when I arrive at the location I can have dinner and beers with the crew instead of spending hours building up my kit. And because The Senator will give me a hard time for not listing the interior case dimesnions, here they are 28.57" x 17.52" x 10.65"
(72.5 x 44.5 x 27 cm)

Hey, all I (desperately) need to know is when this product would be available to order and ship to the UK. I have a shoot in January and I would love to be carrying my Maxx in this pouch rather than a awkward-fitting Petrol bag or the lazy 'Ar-Maxx' by Portabrace.

Please say this can be ordered before the end of the year! I'm already sold...

Would like to see one for the 664, too. The Petrol is unfathomable, side access is complicated, you can't get to the CF card slots without removing the machine from the bag, cable access is rough, front compartments don't make sense, battery compartment is small with unclear cable paths, top flap has to be folded out of the way awkwardly, the bag won't stand up on its own, etc, etc.

I would like to see a Youtube video of someone connecting up a Petrol bag to a 664, wires and batteries, then changing the CF card.