Lee Strosnider

Coleman

Lee had a stroke on Sunday. I'm at a total loss right now. I just wanted those folks who know Lee to be aware.

I used to rent sound gear from Lee. Best thing to ever happen to me was meeting Lee. He used to rent me quality gear at a price I could afford. He gave me great advice, he was one of the few true friends I have here in Los Angeles.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I rented from Lee only a few times long ago but he was invariably a gentleman and most helpful. He used to come out, even after retirement, to events hosted by Coffey and LSC but I haven't seen him in a long while. I think the last event was a Lectrosonics wireless seminar at Pickwick Center.

David

I offer my best wishes for a speedy recovery too Lee. I've not yet had the pleasure of coming over the pond and meeting Mr Strosnider but we have had most pleasant correspondence on matters film, television and Nagra. All the best and get well soon!

Jeremy Adamson, UK

Speedy recovery for Lee.  Good guy.  He helped me out years ago and was always a pleasure to do business with.  Bought my first cooper mixer from him on handshake credit.  Something you just do not experience these days.  I never will forget how generous and sharing he was with his knowledge. 

Get well LEE!

Your friend, john gooch.

I had a FaceTime conversation with Lee on Sunday morning (before the stroke). He had just returned to LA from Indiana to deal with his longtime partner in crime, Austin McKinney. Austin had passed away the previous Monday.

He was pretty depressed and did not look good at all. Alas, I think it's the end of an interesting era in film history.

The attached photo shows Lee on left and Austin on the right. I believe that's Vilmos Zsigmond at the camera.

post-2092-0-07596700-1385430254_thumb.jp