The Lights Don't Go out

Eric Toline

How come when I click on a new topic the "new topic" light doesn't go out?

Eric

I'm not sure what you mean. To start a new topic (not replying) I always select the section or board ("Current NEWS & Announcements" for example, then click on the "New Topic" button (which doesn't change as far as I can tell it just opens a page where you can compose your post) then once composed I click on "Post" at the bottom.

Let me know what it is that is acting strangely and I will try and sort it out.

-  Jeff Wexler

I'm not sure what you mean. To start a new topic (not replying) I always select the section or board ("Current NEWS & Announcements" for example, then click on the "New Topic" button (which doesn't change as far as I can tell it just opens a page where you can compose your post) then once composed I click on "Post" at the bottom.

Let me know what it is that is acting strangely and I will try and sort it out.

-  Jeff Wexler

I'm talking about the Blue for new post indicators at the left side of the main discussion page. I think the problem is here as when I refresh the page the Blue button shows up as Grey meaning I've read the post.

Eric

You're right --- you have to refresh the page since it loaded before you made any changes, like a new post, so a refresh is necessary for the page to reflect those changes.

-  JW

But it wasn't that way before. After I read a new post and went back to the main page the light was grey witout refreshing.

Eric

Too weird. I may do some maintenance, off hours, to try and clean some things up. I just boldfaced the word in your post --- highlighted the word, hit the "B" button in the tool bar above the posting window and the text bolded just fine.

-  Jeff Wexler

Oh Oh it posted as bold but reads as code on my screen.

Never mind

M

When you apply the BBC (bulletin board codes) to make a highlighted word BOLD, for example, it will show it to you with the BBC codes. It would look something like this (although I can't show you what it would look like without the code actually executing):

[ b ]  word  [ b ]  the codes appear at the front and back in brackets --- this is the directive to boldface the highlighted word or words.

-  JW

Thanks Jeff, all clear. And you know me...I always apply the BBC to everything I write!

Cheers

Mick

Mick,

I did this with jw a few months back.

when you want make a certain word bold, or  underline. the "computer code" appears. but it does make the changes. it works for sure, as we all know now.