Rycote WS 4 and back to back clips

Diego

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried using the Rycote back to back clips inside a WS 4 kit. If possible I want to be able to fit an MS setup inside without having to buy the stereo windshield that is taller than the regular modular windshield that I currently own. 

From what I can tell by measuring the approximate height of my microphones (AT 4041 and AKG CK94) with the suspension I own, it should fit barely but I couldn't find the actual length of the clips anywhere. 

So if someone can give this a shot or if you know of another way I could achieve this I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Diego

Hi Diego,

I've got such clip in my MS setup (DPA-4017 + Ambient Emesser ATE-208) inside the Rycote zeppelin which came as a package with DPA-4017, so I can't tell the exact model number. But I can measure it:

Internal diameter of my Rycote windshield: 95.34 mm

Clip height: 68.68 mm.

It fits inside, but easily makes contact with the zeppelin interior, so I needed to cut off the upper "horns". I took care not to cut off too much, because the mic is tightened with rubber band around these horns.

Here is the photo with original clip:

post-7973-0-30650800-1384273616.jpg

And with modification:

post-7973-0-73547500-1385813584_thumb.jp

If you can get the older style stereo clips they are better then the btb clips. You just need to get the ones for your specifics size mics but I prefer the older ones to the newer btb clips. The btb has the added wings on each end ( not sure of a better word here which seems to make it to tight for the regular WS windshields. The older ones did not have those access wings (once again not sure what to call it) and were more slender to the mic.