IDX NP Batteries

IDX TEK

How many watt hours do you thing a smaller size battery can provide? For me that would be the deciding factor as to if I would buy them or not.

It is possible to pack a little less than 50Wh in a half size NP. What capacity would be acceptable for you in a half size NP?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible to pack a little less than 50Wh in a half size NP. What capacity would be acceptable for you in a half size NP?

Considering that 50Wh is slightly more than two thirds of the capacity of the L7S I personally think that this would be a valuable addition to my kit. I would still predominately will use a full size battery and supplement my kit with two half size batteries.

At around 50Wh I would get some where between 3.5-4.5 hours of run time. So two light weight batteries would get me through a day when I want to shed some weight in my bag.

Something else to consider:  The position of a D-Tap connector is one thing if it's in addition to a battery being used with a battery cup.  It's another, if the D-Tap connector is used exclusively instead of a cup (or full length holder, for that matter).

I was originally thinking that the D-tap would be used in lieu of the cup - but if it is able to be used in conjunction with the cup simultaneously  - that would be pretty sweet.

Hi Zack. Love my IDX NP7 batteries. One of the best investments I ever made. The 3 LED metering is fine by me. i have little need for finer increments. I use a battery cup into a BDS system. I am happy with this form factor and haven't used the D TAP sytem. I too would be very interested in half size batteries (makes sense for SR receivers on small cameras). Thanks for coming on the board.

The meter is fine where it is.  5 led instead of 3 would be nice, but 3 has worked just fine.  A voltage display sounds nice, but I can't help but think it would have issues after a while.  Either from cold weather or getting beat up from normal use.   My preference would be for DTap because of the robustness and ease of soldering new connectors.  I'd get a few NP.5s if they were available.