Hirose conector replacement Nomad

cinetj

The hirose conector of my Nomad 8 is a little worn out. It still works but I already had problems with it. I'm in Brazil, so sending the unit to Zaxcom for repair is not that easy, even it is the ideal solution. I wonder of it's possible to buy something like that http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/293010-REG/Sound_Devices_XL_H_Hirose_4_pin_Power_Connector.html

And ask for a technician here in Brazil to replace it.

Am I mistaken or wouldn´t you need something like that??

http://de.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hirose-Connector/HR10A-7R-4P73/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvf6myxbP4FpEd4Rg2Py7NDWsNi3Q3wyzI%3d

(the picture shows more pins, you need the 4-pin version of course)

If it is the built in connector a plug won´t help you much, what you need is a receptacle

How often are you plugging in and out the hirose? The connector shouldn't really wear out.

Everyday when work was finished and I had to pack my equipment. Pluging back in became extremely dificult about 3 months ago. I've finally got a cup to tay firmly attached and I haven't touched since then; no more bad connection problems as well. But I must I say prefer to change the connector. A skilled technician could do it without a problem in your opinion? The procedure seems quite simple but I;ve never opened my Nomad to see what's inside.