Rode concealer

CHULESPADA

Funny they call it invisilav while you see a huge mic and cable bump on the spokesperson.

Sammy Huen

I don't get it --- how can Rode show this product in the video where the "invisilav" mount is more prominent than just about any other placement technique I can think of (other than just gaffer taping it to the front of the T-shirt).

post-1-0-85726600-1390665973_thumb.jpg

I saw the video and like the idea of the product, but as a solution for lavs and t-shirts this would not fly even on my dinky jobs.  HD video is pretty unforgiving of this kind of thing.  I know that they lit the guy from the side--so worst case re that, but a sharp-eyed DP would still bust this rig in top light etc even if wardrobe didn't question it first.  This might could be a good solution for other sorts of wardrobe, for sure (but not under a collar!).  I sort of don't get the two mic thing (which seems like it causes the mount to be bigger than it would need to be for one mic), in all the two-lav setups I've done the mics were visible TV-news/talk style anyhow.  Are reality sound folks doing dual-hidden lav rigs these days?

philp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pedro: " Anyone tried this with Oscar SoundTech TL-40 ? "

at the risk of being censored, or censured, yes, of course, and results are variable...

there is no one "best" for this...

most of us carry an ever growing bag of tricks.

although the Rode concealer is quite new, so your "yes, of course" should be a "yes, perhaps"

• 4 weeks later...

RA: " Has anyone tried both? "

yes, perhaps..

this little stuff is expendable, relatively inexpensive, and many of us have, carry, try, and use lots of alternatives, and with experience over time, we sort of pick our subjective personal favorites... a lot of it has to do with what you get used to working with... another example of archer and arrows...