Zuca Pro Travel Bag a new storage option

ProSound

Last week I took delivery of a Nissan NV-200 Van ( I will post about that later in the week) so I have been reevaluating the best way to transport and storage all my equipment. I am a mixer that does many different types of jobs from features to simple eng jobs so all my set ups  have to be flexible and quickly reconfigured to suit what I am doing. I also need to quickly be able to ditch my cart on a moments notice. Until recently I had been using a combination of a pelican case and a backpack if my carts couldn't go somewhere but I never liked it that is where the Zuca Pro Travel bag comes in see link below for all bags specs http://www.luggagepros.com/zuca-pro-travel-silver-frame.shtml

This bag allows me to quickly open it up and fill it up with my difference pouches of stuff most of my things are stored in the Lectrosonics Leather Pouches  but the zippered pouches that comes with the Zuca are excellent. I can easily fit 6IFB with headphones, 2 Smart Slates, Batteries, 2 Sync boxes with mounting plates, SRB with (2) TX for wireless camera link, a MKH 50 with shockmount or a Schoeps CMC and a few personal items. The reason I like this bag is I can quickly remove and add gear depending upon my jobs need. It also has a rigid metal frame to protect everything and if your under 300lbs you can sit on the top of it. But the last thing anyone wants to do is roll another things around so how do you mount this to a Rock N Roller Cart? 

Rock N Roller makes a bolt on cart extension that is 13x10

http://rocknroller-multicart.myshopify.com/products/extension-rack

which is same size as Zuca. it secure to either side of your cart with two thumb screws so you can add or remove it in under a minute. With this and a bunge cord you can quickly mount the Zuca and remove it. It is very secure and won't be going anywhere. 

With this current set up if I need to leave my cart behind I just remove the Zuca extend the handle and throw the bag on top and roll it everything is there and secure. 

post-205-0-85397300-1390788821_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-84861000-1390788827_thumb.jpg

Whitney, good use of the ZÜCA! I bought one thinking I might make a mini-cart but it never panned out for me. I like the mounting idea on the Rock-n-Roller cart (and I notice your using some of the same hooks I use on my Follow Cart --- the painted silver ones with the blue tip --- Home Depot, right?). 

I got my Zuca bag less than a week ago. So far I've been using it for transportation of equipment only, but I hope to build some form of cool mini cart with it, as so graciously done by some of the members of this forum.

My impressions so far are that the Zuca is very sturdy and compact.

I wrote to Zuca about the possibility of building a bigger style bag / cart. They replied saying it was an interesting idea... if more people do the same we may get a bag / cart more suited to our needs (like the make-up artists did!)

Petrol PA1003 is the other bag I have. Three times the size of the Zuca for only a 100 bucks more. I love it! Mainly use it for bigger jobs like Reality TV with my Nomad. It can store so much gear.

I got the Zuca to go with my MAXX and much smaller jobs like corporate gigs. And I may try using it to take my gear onto carry on for out of town jobs.

Went Google to gander the Petrol PA1003 on your mention, Justan. Great for transport, and as well thought out as might be expected, but not so delightfully handy for the transition to mixing as the Zuca vertical style might one day become.

Maybe Petrol, already familiar with our community and what we need, would be more open to working with us using Zuca as a base from which to fly their next bag.

Petrol PA1003 is the other bag I have. Three times the size of the Zuca for only a 100 bucks more. I love it! Mainly use it for bigger jobs like Reality TV with my Nomad. It can store so much gear.

I got the Zuca to go with my MAXX and much smaller jobs like corporate gigs. And I may try using it to take my gear onto carry on for out of town jobs.

i wish it had larger wheels. these smaller wheels make it far from an all-terrain unit... 

Went Google to gander the Petrol PA1003 on your mention, Justan. Great for transport, and as well thought out as might be expected, but not so delightfully handy for the transition to mixing as the Zuca vertical style might one day become.

Maybe Petrol, already familiar with our community and what we need, would be more open to working with us using Zuca as a base from which to fly their next bag.

I've got the slightly smaller, older petrol wheely bag and took some of the dividers from the bottom compartment (which stays open for cables, big antennas, magic arm etc) to cover the openings of parts of the interior sections to make flaps that stop bits from falling out when used vertically:

20140205_092130.jpg

I've also been experimenting with it being the basis of a small cart by attaching it win bungees to a slightly modified Rocknroller RMH

20140127_122821.jpg