Wisycom and SD788T digital input

daniele turi

Hi mates,

have you ever used wisycom's mcr42 digital output with the SD788T's digital input?

Does the SD788T digital input sound better than analog?

Which sensitivity level do you set on wisycom tx when you use it in digital?

Thanks a lot

I did it. If I remember well the specs gives 10dB more dynamics. The sounds seems to me pretty similar.

As regards with Tx sensivity it depends on your mic, and has nothing to see with Rx output ! My default level for a cos11D is -14, it may varies.

How are you feeding a line signal into the tx VM? Padded cable? I find the tx sensitivity to be pretty hot and also run them low as when they clip, they sound awful.

I have two "line in cable", made by the vendor. It works, but I do not know it the audio is attenuated in the cable. Anyway with my 788 I can attenuate the audio output and I have never used those "line in cable" in a real work : I use Wisycom on talents, and send a scratch tracks with a Audio LTD 2020 or EN2.

In the transmitter you must select "2 wires" when using a "line in cable", and "3w+bias" with an electret lapel mic.

I sugger you to send an email to wisycom support, they are speaking English.