18 to 15 volts?

greg sextro

Can anyone advise on making a cable or project box that can step 18 down to 15 volts dc? I am looking to power a euphonix mc mix (requires 15 vdc) from a PSC powermax (wired to provide 18 vdc out).

Thanks

Greg

You might be able to save yourself some effort if you can get a spec on the power supply requirements for the Euphonix. It could well be that it will be fine with 18vdc.

Jeff, Rich Topham told me the same thing but trying to get any confirmation from Euphonix is near impossible. (It is a subdivision of Avid who has the absolute worst support ever). I figured it safer to find a way to step down the voltage.

Robert, my understanding (from the manual) is that it is a matter of the pin assignment on a single output. Everything else I have on my cart is 12v, nothing else needs 18v.

Jeff, Rich Topham told me the same thing but trying to get any confirmation from Euphonix is near impossible. (It is a subdivision of Avid who has the absolute worst support ever). I figured it safer to find a way to step down the voltage.

You're right, Greg, I forgot who you would be dealing with. Getting a straight technical answer out of them is probably not possible.

Joshua stating that there is a switch, 15 volts or 18 volts in the PowerMax might do the trick.

Indeed Josh is correct (thanks Josh) and a call to Ron confirms it. In the later version of the unit (you can tell as you have to hold the power button down to power off) there is a dial inside to adjust the voltage. In earlier versions its a set of resistors that would have to be changed out. Ron said that process is actually pretty easy.