-20 light keeps flashing on my Smqv when sending at mic level

Ruvis

Hi my fellow soundies.

I'm sitting with a problem I can't seem to wrap my head around.Hoping someone can help me please!!

If I send tone to camera at mic level from my Sound Devices mix pre,I get this constant rythmic pulse on just the one channel.The - 20 light keeps flashing and you can also hear it.I've swopped the 2 transmitters,but same thing.If I use line level it seems to be fine.When I've tested it on my Sony PO1,everything seems to be fine,mic and line level.Also when I run a cable to camera from my mix pre,its fine.So I can't figure out if it's the cable,my mixer,my transmitter.Any suggestions please or have anyone else experienced something similar to this?Thank you in advance.

My bad!!

Its a mix pre D.Sorry about that.

I've opened the one cable and everything looks fine.Don't have a multimeter with me,so it's difficult to tell.Sitting in the desert.

But swopping around the cables,I sit with the same problem on only the one channel.

Thank you for the quick reply,much appreciated.

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies,much appreciated.

Johnny I know about the intermittent tone on the 302 and that's exactly what it looks like,but I don't think the mix pre D have an option like that.And also if I use cable,it's not doing it.

It's only on the left channel to be more specific.

Even if I'm not sending tone I can see the light flashing.

NMmixer: " Just spoke w/ Casey @ SD. "

now that you have done the first part of Ruvis' homework, I trust Ruvis can, and will take it from there...

sounds like it may be broken.

ruvis, have you tried the Double-secret, ultra master reset sequence ??

" no one here, so far, has been willing, or able to help. "

as it may be broken, just what should we do ?

Thanks new mexico soundmixer.

I'll take it from here.I'll try and do the same test with another mix pre D to eliminate the problem,to see what's faulty.

I'm also glad that I was able to add something so profound to someone elses wardrobe.

Maybe get it in pink ;)