Review of my Nissan NV-200 Van

ProSound

The Nissan NV-200 is Nissans answer to the Ford Transit Connect and smaller option then the Dodge Ram Pro Master. The Nv-200 was also first to the market in late 2013. I took delivery of mine two weeks ago and have already driven it about 1000 miles. Below are my impressions. 

Performance and Passenger Cabin
The NV-200 is a 4 Cylinder 131Hp powered van  this is the only engine option I had concerns that it might be under powered however I am happy to report while fully loaded with pretty much everything I own including a Rubbermaid follow cart, Loaded PSC Vertical sound cart, Rock N roller eng cart, 50lbs of shot bags and other assorted gack I had no issues on my 600 miles trip this past week and found the van to be fast enough for my needs and very easy to drive. It drives more like large SUV then a van and had no issues going anywhere I needed to go including a tight parking garage and a very narrow alley. I also averaged between 24-25MPG on the trip while fully loaded which exceeded my expectations and is important as getting full mileage in the ENG world is very rare. 

The Passenger Cabin feel more like a SUV then a commercial van. The seats, trim and controls are all very comfortable. I bought the technology package that includes XM, Blue Tooth, Nav, back up camera and Cruise Control which are all working as advertised. There are plenty of storage bins and spots to put everything I need close by. It is a very comfortable ride for larger passengers as well I am 6’4 and close to 300lbs I find it to be very spacious so if you’re a smaller framed person you will have a ton of room. 

Cargo Area 
The Cargo area is well laid out as well with 6 built in tie downs dual sliding side doors and 180 degree rear doors it is easy to get to all your gear. I can access all the items on my follow cart from drivers side sliding door and my Rock N Roller ENG cart from passenger side. The floor comes standard with a rubber mat which seems to do a good job at keeping the ride quiet. It also came with a wire mesh bulkhead included for security and to protect you from your gear. The rear door is only 19.5 in off the ground so lifting things in or in my case using a ramp is easy. 

As you can see in the attached photos I can reach all my items without climbing into the van. I don’t even need to climb in to un ratchet the carts or remove them. The van is currently in ENG mode. My PSC vertical cart will fit behind the Rock N Roller if needed but most of the time I will remove the Rock N roller and place the PSC near the front and use the extra space for my tent, rugs and 2 more tubs of stuff I only use on features though will good packing I can fit everything I own in the van it is just very tight. 

Final Impressions 
I think this van is a good price point and fit for any sound mixer who works the kind of jobs I do. I do 50% corporate/commercial 35% reality/eng and 15% union features and commercials. It is the perfect size for 85% of my work and I can make it work for the other 15%. I still have a personal car but could easily have this van as my every day driver if I needed to. 

Overall I am very happy with my purchase so far and look forward to driving this van for the next 10-12 years. If any has any questions I am happy to answer them. 

post-205-0-33372800-1391374790_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-58684600-1391374800_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-93674500-1391374812_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-78608000-1391374818_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-49078500-1391374833_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-66502000-1391374840_thumb.jpg

If I remember from the other thread you chose this over the FTC because of comfortability due to your body height?

I'm still leaning towards a FTC (old-style) simply because of the cargo height. The difference between the 2013 FTC and the NV200 is about 6 inches.

Passenger Comfort and Price are two major reasons. The Nv-200 is more fuel efficient then older model FTC as well.  

Good to know they are good for comfort as the next London taxi looks to be based on this van. And it looks like a real Nissan: the bigger vans they sell as Nissans in Europe are just badged vans from their parent company Renault. 

Tim

Good for you on getting the barrier between the cargo area and the front seats.  They seem like very solid rigs, I bet they hold they value well.

philp

Yes the barrier was a must for me and I think everyone should have one in there van. I have seen what happens when I cart breaks free during sudden braking or if someone "forgets" to tie something down. This is a very solid divider too it has 6 bolts onto ceiling and and "L" bracket with 6 more bolts on the floor it isn't going anywhere and leaves a nice bit of room behind the seats even when fully back that fits my tool case, first aid kit and my DC air pump. 

Good to know they are good for comfort as the next London taxi looks to be based on this van. And it looks like a real Nissan: the bigger vans they sell as Nissans in Europe are just badged vans from their parent company Renault. 

Tim

The Nv-200 taxi is the New York City new Taxi. My local dealer had a Taxi Version as well and it was awesome best Taxi I have ever seen. 

When I still had my Astro Van, my daughter read the results of the crash tests (something like .2% chance of survival for a front seat passenger and less for the driver --- whole dashboard and wheel come loose and crush the driver) and she refused to ride with me and pleaded for me to sell the van. Years later I did sell it.

Whitney

How do you secure karts and such, are there tie down points?

also what are you experiencing gas mileage wise?

Have you had any issues where parking garages won't take the vehicle?

I work in NYC a bunch and my Volvo wagon is always welcome, not so much with 

Fords TRANSIT!