Review of my Nissan NV-200 Van

ProSound

Whitney

How do you secure karts and such, are there tie down points?

also what are you experiencing gas mileage wise?

Have you had any issues where parking garages won't take the vehicle?

I work in NYC a bunch and my Volvo wagon is always welcome, not so much with 

Fords TRANSIT!

There are 6 Tie Down points plus my metal wire divider is bolted to ceiling and floor with 12 bolts. Very Solid 

I am averaging 24.5-25/0 MPG fully loaded thus far with about 1800 miles on it 

Van 6 fit 1.5 in tall I have had ZERO issue with garage access thus far even the worst and oldest garage is Charleston SC is a max of 

6.5 Ft most are 7.5ft. Van also looks lower then 6ft 

Most of the newer garages are 8.5 Feet 

• 4 weeks later...

nice. I've seen these around twice now, a good looking product.  great mileage. I do a lot of PA, sound system work and would consider one... it's only the tow capacity that would probably change my mind. 

I thought the FTC seemed cheapish, loud, and sort of gutless, but i still considered one. 

I don't know about the NV but I know a lot about the old version FTC, and I would not be wanting to tow anything but a very lightweight trailer with it.  The revamped 2014s might be better about that--worth a look, and they also now have a version that isn't quite so tall.  My 2010 is 6'6" at the highest point, still 2 " below the max height of big full size vans (E350 etc) and ok in most garages, but not all.  Keep in mind that some garages in the fancier parts of town will invoke bogus height restrictions even on lower-height utility vehicles and trucks just because they don't want you in there unloading next to the Bentleys and Maybachs.

philp

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the review, Withney.

This van is definitely on my radar. I want to replace my 1996 Ford 350, whose tailgate is too high for my upright cart, and is generally too big a behemoth to drive around town.

If you have any updates in terms of maintenance, quirks or whathaveyou, please post them here.

Thanks again,

BK