K-Tek now shipping the KBLT52 boom case

dfisk

Last year we started shipping the KBLT35 boom case, and it has been a good seller. Many people asked us to make a longer version, so we did. It is the KBLT52. It can hold any boom pole that has a minimum collapsed length of 52 inches or less. It's pretty much just a straight up longer version of the KBLT35. These are available right now. The price is $235. Contact your local dealer in order to purchase.

post-321-0-47394700-1391643204_thumb.jpg 

post-321-0-98576600-1391643367_thumb.jpg

Hey Cloud,

It can absolutely handle rough conditions. It is a rigid bag/case. We have checked the shorter version on international flights several times and it never had problem. These things are built tough so you can throw them around, kick them, and drop them and they'll be just fine. The 4140 is too long to fit in this case. If this case were any longer it would be too much of a pain to use the shoulder strap. We designed it around our K-202CCR boom pole. Of course anything shorter than 52 inches collapses will fit just fine, plus other stuff like headphones, microphone cable, windscreens, or anything else you can fit into there. 

And can they survive in the rough condition as checking in luggage ?(hopefully ) 

I just spent a month bringing hell to my KBLT35. Not even a scratch on it! I did a month-long tour doc and it got manhandled by venue loaders, people in the tour van, dragged on the ground, etc and it kept my K-Tek carbon boom, Rycote blimp, and hyper mic in shock mount totally safe.

And can they survive in the rough condition as checking in luggage ?(hopefully ) 

best

Cloud 

I have had mine for almost a year and i have to say is superb! I have travel with it in the check in luggage to many places (austria, india, denmark, guatemala, and more) with an ambient boom pole, a dipstick and a rycote basket. It all traveled very well.