New Zaxcom TX and RX

Prahlad Strickland

Yes, thanks, I've extensively read the manuals.

What I'm trying to understand is if there is a way to understand if my transmitters, in a certain situation, are working at 50mW or 125mW. Since I work in Loop Record, I could always read REC on my QRXs, so I don't know if the PowerRoll boost input is received by the TX or not.

So, I were asking if there could be the opportunity to know this.

If your power roll is set to record trigger, then if you are in revord, it will be at high power. If it's set to deva trigger, then it will be controlled by the recorder.

If your power roll is set to record trigger, then if you are in revord, it will be at high power. If it's set to deva trigger, then it will be controlled by the recorder.

I was referring to when I am in Deva trigger. I was wandering if, being in Deva trigger (and in Loop Record on TX), I could be able to know (looking at the QRX100) if my record-power boost input is received by the TX (it could be possible that it isn't in the ifb range).

Jack answered me that it is not possible.

So, I suppose, while in record (if the transmitter is set to Loop record and Deva trigger) I can't know at which power my TXs are transmitting. Just this.

Currently the only way to identify the TX power output is to look at the TX itself.

I was referring to when I am in Deva trigger. I was wandering if, being in Deva trigger (and in Loop Record on TX), I could be able to know (looking at the QRX100) if my record-power boost input is received by the TX (it could be possible that it isn't in the ifb range).

Jack answered me that it is not possible.

So, I suppose, while in record (if the transmitter is set to Loop record and Deva trigger) I can't know at which power my TXs are transmitting. Just this.

As stated above, loop record has nothing to do with it.  If your transport commands are slaved to the Deva/Nomad, and you are in Deva trigger, then if the QRX shows you are in record, you know the transmitter received the commands and you are at the high power.

As stated above, loop record has nothing to do with it.  If your transport commands are slaved to the Deva/Nomad, and you are in Deva trigger, then if the QRX shows you are in record, you know the transmitter received the commands and you are at the high power.

I know these are two separate functions, but when the TX is set in Loop record, I noticed the QRX always shows REC, not only when I press Record on my Fusion.

Loop record doesn't make the transmitter constantly record. It simply determines what happens once a card is filled.

As to when it's in record, is your "RECORD ON BOOTUP" setting on or off?

It is 'On', that's the thing I wanted to refer to (mistake on Loop-record).

As WanderingEar says, maybe I have something to check in the Transport settings in the Fusion.

Thanks both, anyway

Vale.

RECORD ON BOOTUP means just that. If you want to be entirety under recorder control, turn it off.

There are several transmitter settings that affect this. Go through them one by one, conferring with the manual on each, to make sure they're set correctly.

Also, if you are using a Deva or Fusion you need an IFB100 or IFB200 in order to have Zaxnet control. A Nomad has Zaxnet built in.

RECORD ON BOOTUP does not prevent the transport controls from controlling the transmitter.  It only defaults to recording.  The recorder will stop and start the tx recording like normal after that if set up correctly.

There is a setting called  ALLOW IFB REMOTE CONTROL.  Make sure that is on, and your group and channel ID's are correct.  On the Nomad there is a setting to slave the transport commands to the Nomads transport, not sure about with the Deva/Fusion + IFB200.

I'm aware of RECORD ON BOOTUP still allowing transmitter control, but thought that might be a confusion factor for vale.

A Deva (and therefore, a Fusion) does Zaxnet control well, but requires an IFB100 or IFB200. I'd need to either have my Deva in front of me, or dig into the manual to see what the settings are.

• 4 years later...