Dc plugs for Zax QRX 235 & IFB 200

Miguel Carretero

I would´t ask If I hadn´t found any issues concerning these connectors. Qrx100 is supposed to use Switchcraft 761K, but for the Qrx 235 I just found S761, and there are several different models. The same happens with the IFS: the 100 series use a little different model than the 200, I know it cause I tried to use the same and does not fit. Or maybe these little changes only take effect on different SNs or countries... This kind of things I´m thinking about and I just wanted to share

It has always been my understanding that the shorter versions of a 2.5mm connector are used for transmitters, and the longer ones are used for receivers.

Though I do not own a 235, I do own a IFB200 and a QRX100 and this is definitely the case.

According the the manuals (available online) the IFB200 uses a Switchcraft 761, and the QRX100 uses a Switchcraft 761K

As far as I know there is no manual yet available for the QRX 235, so you might try contacting zaxcom directly: http://zaxcom.net/company/contact/

Just beware not to try too hard if you push an ''S'' connector into a ''non-S'' since it's a 2.1mm center pin fit, as opposed to a 2.5mm for the ''non-S''.

You could pinch the center pin which is in fact split in two to get a spring effect for a good contact. If pinched, though, you'd possibly get into a bad contact issue... ;-)

hyhytymy.jpg

Just beware not to try too hard if you push an ''S'' connector into a ''non-S'' since it's a 2.1mm center pin fit, as opposed to a 2.5mm for the ''non-S''.

You could pinch the center pin which is in fact split in two to get a spring effect for a good contact. If pinched, though, you'd possibly get into a bad contact issue... ;-)

hyhytymy.jpg

This is a good lesson in general.

I did this once to a BDS output. Took a little while to nail down a very intermittent power dropout on a receiver.