Wisycom MCR42 with Sennheiser EW100G3

lamacchiacosta

Hello everyone,

has anyone ever set up this configuration before?

I am trying to set up a transmitter Sennheiser EW100G3 with a Wisycom MCR42M.

In the expander options I have: EVO, AL, SENN.

I suppose AL is the AudioLtd emulator, with which I can get audio through despite is quite hissy.

If I select EVO (supposing is the emulator for the evolution series) I've got a good signal and I can hear a slight compression coming from the compander. The AUDIO led remain blue, which means "Audio active & tone squelch not detected", despite the transmitter is sending the tone.

If I select SENN, I get a better sound (at a lower level though) and the AUDIO led goes green that means "Audio active & tone squelch detected". The pumping noisefloor of the compander is awful though.

Any advice on the better setting for this configuration?

Many thanks.

In the MCR 42, to receive G2 or G3 you have to choose the EVO compander. I did it and it worked perfectly.  May be your problem is coming from the G3 (pilot tone ?). You should do a full G3's reset and check that the pilot tone is ON.

I just called them and for the EW series the tone is not recognised, so the led will reamain blue. Audio signal will work anyway.

---

As you can see on Wisycom pdf, our receiver is not able to detect the tone for EVO, SR and AL companders. Only for Wisycom and SEN compander the receiver is able to detect the battery data and the tone from the transmitter.

Therefore you have to disable the tone squelch setting on our receiver (Tone squelch OFF).

---

I was trying a Sennheiser 2000 tx into a Wisycom mcr42 a while back. Using The "sen" compander I got a nice clean signal, and got battery info too, but it was considerbly lower than usual. I did not have time to check if that raised The noise floor or not, anyone know? I fear it probably will. Also, I only had compander options "sen" and "wis", both gave pretty similar results. I did not have "evo". I think 2000 has The same compander, but is not in that series, not sure where it fits in.

• 4 weeks later...