AA NiMh batteries

Darryl Linkow, C.A.S.

Also, if you suspect that there are AA's out there with more capacity, you can do a google search for "mah AA" with the quotes, then look for the result with the highest number. That's how I found the same batteries Scott posted. They are good, but I imagine someone will come out with a higher one some day.

I was just wondering what kind of AA NiMh batteries people are using?  What is the highest maH rating you are seeing?  What brands do you like?  Who are you buying them from....local dealer? Website?  Prices? 

I've been using the Maha "IMEDION" type for this show and they've been working out pretty good.  They have a lower capacity (2100 mAh) but they are supposedly much more impervious to self-discharge when sitting around or when partially used in a device -- a problem I've had with other types of rechargeable batteries in the field.  As I say, so far, so good.  I use the SM transmitters pretty sporadically and they get about 2-3 hours in those.  We mainly use them to run both slates, in which they last about three days.

I use the Tenergy 2600 mAh, which seem to give me about 2 hours in the TRX900 and 3 hours in the RX900. For the slate as one would expect, they last multiple days.

I bought them more  because I could get them in bulk and the folks at allbatteries.com are always running sales on them.

Wayne

I was just wondering what kind of AA NiMh batteries people are using?  What is the highest maH rating you are seeing?  What brands do you like?  Who are you buying them from....local dealer? Website?  Prices? 

Perhaps answering my own question, I found an interesting website that I thought I would share with everyone: http://www.rechargeable-battery-review.com/consumer-batteries/aa-battery-tests/aa-nimh-battery-performance.html

Judging by the facts in that website, it appears that the Maha Powerex 2700 maH is the best of the bunch.  I guess I'll invest in some of those, along with the Maha MH-C9000 charger.

I have the Maha charger, as previously posted in another thread.  Expect to geek out BIG TIME when setting it to "analyze" mode and watching it check your old AA batteries.  I was shooting nights when my charger arrived from Thomas Distributing, my source for all things battery, and I spent hours watching the charger work.

Robert

Perhaps answering my own question, I found an interesting website that I thought I would share with everyone

Hey, Darryl, what's with all the BOLD face and color in your posts. You will be noticed, and read, anyway because everyone reads everything here; no need to stand out. If you like it that way, that's okay too, just wondering.

-  Jeff Wexler