664 dosen't power up

Nir

Hi guys,

Dose anyone here had this problem before?

I turned on my device and suddenly the power cut down, and since then I can't turn it on.

I tried several ways; external power, internal power and still the mixer is not power up :(

I sent an email to the company and I'm sure they will contact me once the weekend is over, but just for my curiosity I want to know if someone already met this problem.

Have a great weekend, Nir

I haven't had this problem exactly (sorry).  If you haven't tried these things, maybe give them a shot:  

--pull all the media and try again 

--unplug everything, audio i/o, WC, TC, keyboard, all of it

--remove the int batts and try with ext PSU only

--the opposite--int batteries only with no ext supply

--another source of ext power, if you can, like an ext battery instead of AC psu

--disconnect everything and let it sit off for 20 min or so with the batteries out

after all that there isn't much a user can do besides wait to speak with SD support (you can try the shop @ Trew in Nashville or PSS in NYC if you are really desperate--they are a few hours closer to your time zone than Sound Devices)

sorry for your trouble--I'll be very curious to know what the problem turns out to be--please post it here!

philp

nir: " just for my curiosity I want to know if someone already met this problem. "

even though you provided very little helpful information, and just to satisfy your curiosity: yes...

now, until you can contact SD, and have them walk you through basic troubleshooting,  get back to your own basic troubleshooting.

Thanks Philp,

I tried all of the above... nothing.

I'm pretty sure that there is nothing to do, but to send it back to the mother ship :*(

Once I'll know the problem, I will update the group. 

nir: " just for my curiosity I want to know if someone already met this problem. "

even though you provided very little helpful information, and just to satisfy your curiosity: yes...

now, until you can contact SD, and have them walk you through basic troubleshooting,  get back to your own basic troubleshooting.

There is not a lot to say...

I ran the mixer with external power via a v-lock battery. used 2 411a Lectrosonics wirelesses (set on Line level). the mixer worked for 10 mins and suddenly the power cut down. The wirelesses that get power from the same source kept working...

Later on, I tried to ran it with another v-lock and it didn't help, than via external and internal power and nothing happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Btw, i had the same issue. Normal working, in lunchbreak powerdown. Then never boot again. Tried everything. except voodoo. Still waitng for repaired device. I'm from Europe and from Germany rapire service I have message, that it's not able to repair and must sent it to US factory.

This is another example of .."have 3 of everything...at least"..  It's all you can do....    Not three 664s, but 3 recorders from which to use at your disposal. Everyone always sees  744 T's and other recorders for sale here... save up and grab one just for this reason....

Production (sometimes) understands things like this.... what they don't understand is why someone had no back up...

Glad your situation worked out.

This is another example of .."have 3 of everything...at least"..  It's all you can do....    Not three 664s, but 3 recorders from which to use at your disposal. Everyone always sees  744 T's and other recorders for sale here... save up and grab one just for this reason....

Production (sometimes) understands things like this.... what they don't understand is why someone had no back up...

Glad your situation worked out.

Double yep to AFMY's advice.

CrewC