Questions about sound stages and carts

Ryan

Hello everyone!

I'm back with a few questions about sound carts specifically on sound stages.

First off, I am setting up a sound stage cart and I would like to find out and see how other professionals take care of their carts and where they stow them in the stage, how often they do maintenance, etc. etc.

So, would any of you be able to help me out and give a brief description of your cart and where you store it and if there are particulars to look out for like how you air-tight enclose it while construction is going on in the stage for a new set, etc. ?

I'm looking for specifically where you stow it after shoots,

Do you have a climate controlled space?

Do you lid it up and tarp it between shoots?

How often to you clean and run maintenance checks?

Do you have a cart that specifically stays indoors and another one you take outdoors?

Thanks! I look forward to your answers!

Hello everyone!

I'm back with a few questions about sound carts specifically on sound stages.

First off, I am setting up a sound stage cart and I would like to find out and see how other professionals take care of their carts and where they stow them in the stage, how often they do maintenance, etc. etc.

So, would any of you be able to help me out and give a brief description of your cart and where you store it and if there are particulars to look out for like how you air-tight enclose it while construction is going on in the stage for a new set, etc. ?

I'm looking for specifically where you stow it after shoots, Van

Do you have a climate controlled space? Van

Do you lid it up and tarp it between shoots? NO

How often to you clean and run maintenance checks? Constantly

Do you have a cart that specifically stays indoors and another one you take outdoors? NO

Thanks! I look forward to your answers!

This web forum is a seminar.....  Make some coffee and read...... then read some more.... then ask yourself questions....  then look for the answers....  then when you think your done.... read some more.... go to bed, wake up... and read....  

This site is a GOLD MINE of data.... it's all there.... but like Gold, you must dig....

The buying, rearranging, loading, unloading, storing, cleaning and maintaining of your gear package will NEVER end until you give the business....  Recording engineers MUST understand this... their wives as well.....  It's a bit like being married to another wife... only... sorry no sex...  ???   At least for most of us....