Zephyx windscreen from Cinela

Jeff Wexler

Not totally a new topic (pictures posted here sometime back) but I am wondering when any of the US companies are going to get this windscreen in stock. I did see the Cinela mount first in France (at DCAudio Visuel) but it hasn't had much penetration here in the US. The Zephyx windscreen is something I think I would really like. Posted below is a description of its benefits (and it fits right into most all of the design considerations that Don Coufal has used in the windscreens he has built in the past):

from DVAudio Visuel website

"The new ZEPHYX windscreen has several new benefits:

- Wind protection is increased thanks to the ovoid shape and to better capsule position within windscreen volume.

- It is possible to use basic fabric alone (without fur), even with rather high wind, and so, to have very good acoustic transparency.

- The lack of "cage effect" (standing waves) is real: no disorder in the upper medium.

- The addition of a furry envelope is possible, in case of higher wind.

- An optional "Violent Storm" fur for high wind is available.

- The cage is suspended, essential for avoiding boom noises (especially for stereo recording).

- Full outdoor / indoor compatibility: indoors, there are no apparent rods.

- Indoors, the internal arm and the second swivel allow virtual mic length extension, which means better mic direction viewing."

-  Jeff Wexler

post-1-130815077839_thumb.jpg

post-1-130815077844_thumb.jpg

post-1-130815077848_thumb.jpg