?ereh no gniog s'tahW

bperlman

Yesterday, after hours of nearly non-stop recording (HD) on my 744T, the headphone disc monitoring was suddenly backwards.  Actually, backwards, as if it were tape being played in reverse. Direct headphone monitoring was normal but in A,Bm mode everything was crazy.  I checked playback and everything was cool. It didn't happen on the next take but what possibly could make the audio be backwards. 

Perplexed,

Bruce

No, I'm still running 2.34.  I know I need to up grade but even so, after countless hours of recording (I've had the 744T since it first came out) I've never seen anything this crazy and I have no idea of how to replicate it.  The only unique thing was that I was rolling almost non stop for many hours and the machine was quite warm.

Since there's no way the disc was spinning backwards the anomally may have been in the DA converter or maybe it was a flashback.  Most of us old 1/4" jockeys remember "we cough" at slate time.

Come on by, Crew.  I don't think I'll be able to leave the set until lunch.  Don't worry about the red light, come on in.

Bruce