Digital Camera Audio "One-Sheet"

Some time ago I had written this "one-sheet" spreadsheet for all the digital cameras I've worked with, to help me identify what the I/O was across all of them, which helped me greatly in planning workflow and making/packing the right cables.

Since it is a common question, I've decided to strip some of my personal notes, and upload it to GDrive to share with anyone who would like to have a copy. You can make a copy to your GDrive, or download it as an Excel Spreadsheet and modify it as you please.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At6zXkYwWUhDdGFzMm5iUkJqTmVMeHcxTDdrT0NNLUE&usp=sharing

Cheers,

José

Warning! Pedantic and annoying!!

To be precise, the pulldown of NTSC's frame rate, as designed by SMPTE is actually .10001%. Calculating that pulldown from the NTSC master clock, 4 times color subcarrier 3.579545MHz (14.318180MHz), we end up with a FrameRate of 29.97002697602128111675513191295 frames per second or 59.940053952042562233510266382591 fields per second.

So, yes, 29.97 and 59.94 is "BlankenshipCorrect".... no additional decimal places are necessary.

BTW, Color space  sampling designations 444, 422, 400 were originally based on color subcarrier frequency multiples.  The numbers changed since HD arrived, but the basics are still the same.  My head hurts that I remember that formula. 

I would add a note to the C300: annoying and no place to hang anything on. (Just dealt with one again two days ago.)

Ugh, I know.

Robert Schnieder: " 14 hours of work that gets 17-1/2 hours pay... When you get up to 16 or 17 hours, you're paying for 22 or 23. It's nuts! "

... and is frankly only equal to about 12 hours of work by the crew...

after 10 hours, productivity, and or quality, goes down; I've seen (and been on) crews at 17 hours, and it takes ~ twice as long to get anything done as it did at the beginning of the day.

John Lindley: " sure there are some people who want all the overtime they can get, ...(but)... Is the 16-hour shooting day a practical idea? Is there any employer in any industry who can honestly say that a worker in the 16thhour of a work shift is so productive that he or she should be paid twice their hourly wage? "

and 38-year veteran director Alexander Singer whose credits include five features and 286 television shows ...: "Very few of us are doing our best work in the 15th or 20th hour, and all of us have sat alongside death in our cars, driving home, struggling to stay awake behind the wheel."

Yudi Bennet: "You have shows that have so little money,they pull the plug after 12 hours. Then you have the other extreme: shows that repeatedly work 19 and 20 hours. "

I've been on both, as well, and both scenarios produce good results.  One very long lived, popular, award winning TV program switched from long hours, to 12 or less, and continued to be popular and win awards... viewers never saw a difference!

here's the deal-killer, from LeonDudevoir, : " the savings have to come from somewhere, and it's coming from the pockets of the crew members. They'd be working more days, but they'd be straight-time days. There are only 52 weeks in a year, and they'd be making less money per week... They would be getting more time in their life, and that is important, but it is more important to some and less to others "

remember I've said it takes years of experience to get years of experience..?  Well that is the same for John Coffey, and some of us old farts... we only figure out that the long hours are bad for us after years of loving ($$) them...

Hey Senator, I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread. Or if the right thread: what? :)