Shure SCM-810

Tom E

I've got a gig recording a board meeting coming up, and I'm toying with the idea of using one of these automatic mixers.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using one of these.  How does it sound?  Do you get any pumping from the mics opening and closing?

I'd rather use my board and mix it live, but I may have other things to do during the shoot

Any input is appreciated.

Tom

I've got a gig recording a board meeting coming up, and I'm toying with the idea of using one of these automatic mixers.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using one of these.  How does it sound?  Do you get any pumping from the mics opening and closing?

I'd rather use my board and mix it live, but I may have other things to do during the shoot

Tom

I've got one and use it often for situations like yours. Set up correctly it's wonderful, especially if there's sound reinforcement in the room. It's quiet and seamless with absolutely no artifacts. It's mono out but has direct outs for each input channel. Go for it, your life will be much easier.

Eric

Tom

I've used that model or similar for numerous projects that had a lot of people in the group with free for all discussion.  I've even used three or more linked together for more inputs.  For what you describe it should work very well.

Bernie