Lectrosonics L-series

NoOne

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find interesting the addition of an "IR Synch Port".  Wonder what that is about?  Also, what does "Talkback" mean in terms of this user-assignable switch? 

e.

IR Synch Port is for future products but we are starting the process now. It's more for Venue users.

Talkback kills the pilot tone but leaves the audio on the signal. On a Venue receiver system the audio is then muted on the main output (no pilot tone) and the audio is then routed to a different output for the director, stage manager, monitor mixer, etc.  So the performer can talk to someone without it going over the PA system. Since not everyone would use it, it is a menu selection.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Marc said: I hope it has the Double-Secret Factory Reset Procedure!

Better yet, the new products have USB ports, so new firmware can be installed without having to do a valve and ring job on the unit. This will be standard on all future units. Retro Lectro comes into the 20th Century. (That's not a misprint.)

Best,
Larry F
Lectro

But if all the frequencies are compatible, they're just dropping the term "blocks" for "Frequency Range," which is fine by me. Same deal.

What I want to know is if we're going to see a Venue with modules that can do Frequency Range A1, B1, C1, and D1... and if it'll have more than 6 receivers, and if it'll have built-in Dante. That would be very cool.

Actually, if you look closely, the term "block" is still used and shown on the display. Pretty cool. Lets you get a sense where you are.

That is, if you don't automatically know by heart where every frequency sits in the block chart.

Better yet, the new products have USB ports, so new firmware can be installed without having to do a valve and ring job on the unit. This will be standard on all future units. Retro Lectro comes into the 20th Century. (That's not a misprint.)

Very cool! And I'd still like to know Lectro's plans on a Venue receiver with the new frequency ranges...

I was shocked to see that the Venue is more than 6 years old! Time flies.

marc: " And I'd still like to know Lectro's plans on a Venue receiver with the new frequency ranges... "

and when they are ready, they will release that information.

I'd like to know who will win the NCAA championship...

I'd like to know who will win the World Series...

patience, all in good time.

"I'd still like to know Lectro's plans on a Venue receiver with the new frequency ranges..." I'm sure the manufacturer/poster appreciates such direct feedback.

Lectro is at or near the top of my NAB list if I can get there on Monday: C1714, in the Central Hall (with many of the pro sound and radio-related exhibits). No doubt we'll discover news of more products there...

For me:

1- Dual transmitter

2- dual receivers with a headphone output ( for high fidelity director return

3- Sm sized tx with 48v. As a lightweight option to position on a wireless boom, even if I have to change battery every two hours.

4- TC on receiver.

My two cents.