Lectrosonics L-series

NoOne

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCC: " Is this a thread about the L-Series or a wish list?? "

these threads pretty much always turn into redesigns, aka wish lists.

PVS: " TC on receiver. "

our consultant and designer wants TC on wireless... it is actually available;  it seems obvious (at least to me) that 'TC on wireless microphones' is a niche specialty, and one very niche specialized company offers it.  If it were a more widely desired feature (aka killer app), then Zaxcom's wireless products would break out of our little niche, and become mainstream popular (like Shure for example)

RR: " how lectro views TC relative to Zaxnet etc ..there really seems to to be a divergent mindset... "

pretty clearly,  and also Shure, Sennheiser, WISYCOM, Audio Ltd., Micron, AKG, MiPro, etc. etc. vs. Zaxcom.

If it were a "killer app", then others would be getting on it, as well...

+1

A new wideband IFB receiver would be a great addition. 

Both the Sennheiser 300 IEM and 2000 IEM use the HDX companding (as opposed to the better HiDyn) and both the pocket and stereo transmitters are 35mW. They do a job day in, day out and the 300 IEM at under £300 ($500) in the UK, you can afford to carry a lot of them but there is often a feeling that they are on the edge of range. A small, light uncomplicated, wideband IEM receiver to work with the LT and priced so that we can buy them in quantity would be a great addition to this new range.

Tim

"I'd still like to know Lectro's plans on a Venue receiver with the new frequency ranges..."

I'm sure the manufacturer/poster appreciates such direct feedback.

I would like to see the next Venue made a little bit deeper so it can take 8 x wideband VRT but still 1U. I am sure that Dante will appear as it has on other Lectro kit. Being 1U the display will always be small. Connectivity with an iPad would make scanning and settings a lot easier and I think most of us have an iPad or two in our carts. On smart tune and scanning, it would be good be able to set limits to the scan so that we can scan the legal range of frequencies and not a whole wideband block. For UK users - and there are a lot of us now - as block B covers our licensed frequencies right at the top end, it would be good to have a block C-606 that starts at 606mHz so the licensed frequencies were available in both blocks. We could then split our wireless between blocks B and C-606 and have a 140mHz tuning range across both blocks but all transmitters / receivers would usable on our licensed frequencies. 

Tim

I'd be very surprised by that. But yes it would sell bunch probably.

There is a product out already for that on the dark side of the force.

The Empire was controlled by the dark side. I see us more as the rebels shakeing things up. Now where did they put that 2 meter wide hole on the death star? I have a job to do. ;-)

Glenn

Since the new receiver is listed as having tracking front end filters, we can pretty much expect performance similar to 411? Correct me if I'm wrong but the SR, 401 and VRS are different in this regard.

Hi Michael,

Similar. Tracking 75MHz required some compromise so the filters are somewhat wider than the 411 but much narrower than the 401 and SRb. Overload performance varies with frequency but is better to much better than the 411 over 80% of the range, a little worse for 20% of the range.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Any plans as to when these units will be available in Europe? We're desperate for good and reasonably priced wireless over here if you didn't know already...

Hi Christian,

Shortly (several months) after release in the US.  Euro approvals take longer and we like to introduce new products here first. Bugs are easier to swat when they are close to home.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

• 2 months later...

I'm also anxiously expecting the L Series release date and price range to decide how to invest in a new wireless system. 

Do we have any updates in this matter?

Thanks, 

Luis.

Hi Luis,

The test samples of the LMb and LT transmitters have been sent to the test lab. They have been there two weeks and it takes about four, Then we send them a check for $25k and they give us about a pound of paper. We can then start selling US units. It takes about 6 weeks more to get the Europeans to accept the report. Two more things have to happen: One, we have to start producing them and two, we have to figure out why the production units don't work like the test samples.

In short, two months.

I, will of course deny ever saying this,

Best, 

Larry F

Lectro

• 4 weeks later...

The test samples of the LMb and LT transmitters have been sent to the test lab. They have been there two weeks and it takes about four, Then we send them a check for $25k and they give us about a pound of paper. We can then start selling US units. It takes about 6 weeks more to get the Europeans to accept the report. Two more things have to happen: One, we have to start producing them and two, we have to figure out why the production units don't work like the test samples. In short, two months. I, will of course deny ever saying this,

Thanks for giving me the best laugh of the week, Larry! Jesus, $25K is a ridiculous amount of money just to get certified by the FCC. Our government at work...  :wacko:

I am also waiting for the LR series come out.

Anyone have opinions on whether getting LR series or still stick to SRb + SMV ?

I am still hesitating on whether I should get the SM series or the LR series.

Hiro

If you can afford them, get the S series. L series has always been the more affordable line with less features. If you don't need all the features and don't need the smaller transmitters, L will be a very good value.

If you can afford them, get the S series. L series has always been the more affordable line with less features. If you don't need all the features and don't need the smaller transmitters, L will be a very good value.

Thanks for the suggestion Christian.

If the distance and the audio quality comparing between the S and L series are more or less the same. I also would like to try the new products!!! ;D

Hiro

I am also waiting for the LR series come out.

Anyone have opinions on whether getting LR series or still stick to SRb + SMV ?

I am still hesitating on whether I should get the SM series or the LR series.

Hiro

I'm sure there are lots of opinions, but in the end you have to decide what will work best for your needs.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the price point is. Would be great to pick up a couple for a lightweight SD 633 bag for sit down interviews / doc stuff vs lugging around my VR Field which although great, is often overkill for those kind of things.