Lectrosonics L-series

NoOne

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eric,

I've delayed this because things are happening pretty quickly from "That was easy to fix." to "Oh, no".  Anyway, the LMb transmitter and LT transmitter have gotten through the lab tests for the US. Now there will be a 4 to 6 week wait while the bureaucrats determine if the dots on the i's are round enough or if there is excessive tilt on the slash for the t's. Orders cannot be taken until those all those dots are perfectly polished.

The LR receiver is just at the beginning of testing but receivers are much easier and faster. My guess (emphasize guess) is they will match up with the timing on the transmitters.

Europe will be 6 weeks after the US.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

• 1 month later...

Curious if the LMb / LT will offer power adapter kits, to use with a typical BDS. Could be a handy bag to camera TX solution, especially with the power indicator on top, unlike the S series.

Adapter kit is already done. It does require installation by removing and replacing several screws.

LEF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Technically speaking should these work with Zaxcom's micplexerII? I know Glenn has stated that the old micplexer was compatible with other wireless systems not sure if the micplexer II is or can work with these...either way it'd be great as a suitable mobile amplifier.

Adapter kit is already done. It does require installation by removing and replacing several screws.

LEF

Hi Larry,

I've taken delivery of all four of my transmitters and two (so far) of the receivers. Once I get the remaining two receivers I'll be installing them in my bag. When I ordered the systems the power adaptors weren't available yet. What is the part number and how much are they? I'd like to get some ordered asap.

Thanks,

Bernie

I had them yesterday in my hands and took this pic to show the size.

Didn't get to hear them, the distributor stand didn't allow us to but they felt very well made and light.

I've been using the transmitters with 411 receivers (until all of my receivers arrive) and they sound great! Good range too. Using them with Sanken COS11d lavs.

I had a chance to demo a set about a month ago and they were really great. I feel like the user interface is much better and allows more information to be seen at a quick glance. The screens are a nice upgrade. I would love to see this type of screen on the SR and UCR411 lines. The build quality is top notch like all of Lectrosonics gear. They have a much better build and feel than a Senn G2/3 and they of course offer a much better audio and RF quality. The range was beating out SMQV/UCR411a occasionally. There was no audible difference between the L Series and the SMQV/UCR411a using Sanken COS11. Obviously the LR is difficult for bag work with the screen on the front, but could be doable. Although I didn't fully get to test out battery life, they seemed to last a very long time on AA Lithiums. Some of the optional accessories make this great for mounting the LR on hotshoes which makes this a great option for camera hops. And the best part is they are fully compatible with all of the other wireless offered by Lectro. Overall I think they are great units.

What a strange comparison to make. Those systems are miles apart, especially price-wise. But in all other aspects, too

I don't know. I'd guess Lectro is at least partly aiming their L-seris at people who would be considering a low-cost Sennheiser system. Sure, there's a price difference...but as some of the DSLR hordes step up to Sony FS7, Canon C100/C300, and other more-expensive cameras, the hope is that they'll also want to upgrade their wireless.

So I think it's a good comparison, and it will take some work for Lectro to convince many of those people that the extra money is worth it.

I'm certainly interested in the L-Series kit. 

I now have all four of the LT kits that I purchased and I'm figuring out how to put them in the bag this week. The small size presents a small challenge to mount them. The front mounted controls/display needs to be taken into consideration as well. I'm thinking I'm going to make a flat plastic piece I can velcro onto the divider in the bag. Then I can simply use the belt clip over the plastic to put the receivers where I want them. All four should fit in one second row across my Orca 32. I can then pull them up to turn on etc. see the screen as much as needed as then push them back down into the safety of the bag. In theory this should work. I'll post pictures when its done.

The sound of them to me is comparable to the 411 systems and the range seems about the same as well. The added bonus is if I need to mount to a small camera the size is in my favor.