Comtek Transmitter EQ Options

Stuart Wilson

The Comtek BST 75-216 has different EQ options: Pro Audio EQ or Communication.

Does anyone have experience of what these actually sound like?

One of the Communications EQ versions allows you to use it to drive a Phonak Invisity earwig which would be handy but I wouldn't want to sacrifice too much of the listening experience when using the PR216 to listen to program sound.

all the best

SW

The BST 75-216 is available with three different EQ setting options:

BST 75-216 P = Pro Audio EQ with all 10 channels using the wide band compounded channels for use with the PR-216 receiver only.  Offers extended low end frequency response.

BST 75-216 CW = Communication version with all 10 channels using the wide band compounded channels with the standard EQ.  For use with the PR-216 receiver only.

BST 75-216 CWN = Communication version with 5 channels using the wide band compounded channels for use with the PR-216 receiver and 5 channels using the narrow band non-companded channels for use with the Phonak Invisity receivers.  Both channel groups use the standard EQ.

Use P    CW  or  CWN....  The choices are up to you....  Full range for 216 use only go with P  or CW...  or even CWN..  It depends....

Basically, stay with Wideband for anything but Earwigs....

The choice has to be made when you buy this unit as it is fixed. 

The EQ version is not user selectable AFAIK.

That is why they have different product codes.

The thing that is user selectable is whether you use the wide band channels or not.

What I was hoping to find out was if the Pro Audio EQ with the wide band sounds much better than the standard EQ with the wide band.

• 10 years later...
On 3/29/2014 at 5:27 PM, Stuart Wilson said:

What I was hoping to find out was if the Pro Audio EQ with the wide band sounds much better than the standard EQ with the wide band.

bringing this very old thread back to life!  For some reason my CW version has more low end then my P Version?  Not sure if there possibly set up wrong at the factory.