6 new Ambient products

TimoK

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... what happened to the Tonmeister app? It was said Ambient submitted it to the Apple Store a month ago. I'm guessing Apple didn't approve.

Well that's disappointing considering they said it was ready-to-go, submitted to the Apple Store and should be available within a couple of weeks from when the video was posted.

I'm still hoping Movie Slate is working on their own version of a 788T control w/ Sound Report integration.

Well that's disappointing considering they said it was ready-to-go, submitted to the Apple Store and should be available within a couple of weeks from when the video was posted.

I'm still hoping Movie Slate is working on their own version of a 788T control w/ Sound Report integration.

apple has been reluctant to allow bluetooth based apps,  which is one reason why the aaton cantar based app 'arcan',  was never ported over to idevices,  much to the disappointment of many.  I am hoping they will relent and allow aaton and ambient, a 'pass'. word has it that on the iPhone 6,  the nfc,  will do applepay only,  and not be allowed to do anything else - like print.  evidently,  this is a concession to the banks,  who don't want other apps on the iPhone using the same manner of communicating as applepay does. aaton had been considering using nfc for the new 'arcan'.  

apple has been reluctant to allow bluetooth based apps,  which is one reason why the aaton cantar based app 'arcan',  was never ported over to idevices,  much to the disappointment of many.  I am hoping they will relent and allow aaton and ambient, a 'pass'. word has it that on the iPhone 6,  the nfc,  will do applepay only,  and not be allowed to do anything else - like print.  evidently,  this is a concession to the banks,  who don't want other apps on the iPhone using the same manner of communicating as applepay does. aaton had been considering using nfc for the new 'arcan'.  

So are you saying Tonmeister isn't available because of Apple's reluctance to approve Bluetooth based apps? If that is true, it begs the question why Ambient would get involved with creating the ACN-BTL and start building its sole app based on iOS & BT technology.

Let's keep in mind that Apple is not the only tablet/touch device manufacturer. There is still Windows and Android. So to put blame on Apple for lack of apps and delays is probably not accurate.

NFC requires you to be inches within an NFC reader. I'm not sure how NFC would help other than initializing a bluetooth link between two devices.

The Tonmeister App is finally online and we added some more neat and free of charge features.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tonmeister/id931110535?l=de&ls=1&mt=8

We are all sincerely sorry for the delay!

To give you a more detailed explanation I would like to share the statement of Klaus Grosser, the product manager of the LockitSCRIPT system:

"Above and most of all we want to express our sincere apologies for the terrible delay we have been challenging your patience with in this matter. We would have loved to push it out much earlier but there were a couple of good reasons for us not to do it. There were too manifold cliffs to ship around with the unpredictable release of iOS8 just being the last in a row and so I won't bore you with all the details and not even try to sneak around that we maasively dropped te ball. Possibly several floors down.

'Nuff said – fact is, it is happening. Finally. The app has been released by Apple today.

Based on recent communication there are a couple of things I feel worthwile to comment on here to prevent misconceptions:

Although the TonMeister app strongly benefits from us moving from WiFi to BT LE, Sound Devices' CL-WiFi app will not be compatible with the Beetle. The connection is dependent on the interfaces within the app and the CL-WiFi app, as the name suggests, simply does not talk over Bluetooth LE.

Also, our solution was never intended as a direct replacement or better variation to Sound Devices' offfering with the CL-WiFi app and hardware. Sound Devices has done a magnificent job creating a comprehensive remote control for their 788T.

Instead the Tonmeister app is designed to be a sound mixer tool with link to the production company and on-set crew, emphasizing reporting functionality and interaction with our own LockitSCRIPT system. As we know that switching between different apps like pdf reader, CL-WiFi, browser, etc. is drastically disturbing  the workflow, we wanted to integrate as much as possible in our app. Therefor, we also added the remote capabilities for the 788t.

Well, some might say range and reliability of the CL-WiFi connection could be better. Maybe, but if so, to some extent this is owed to how metering is currently processed. We are completely aware that some of you would die to see metering in the TonMeister app but in favour of reliability it is not in there and we cannot even promise it ever going to happen.

Knowing that realtime reaction of the LED meterscale is second to none we strongly believe the additional options to follow script or watch the video feed from within the app is a more perfect contribution than level geussing on cost of performance. However, as some of you might know, we're closely collaborating with Sound Devices if there is a chance to bring this to you in the future without sacrifice, we wll do so."

Long story short, this first iteration of the app will bring you routing, track arming & naming, scene & take editing, renaming of an arbitrary number of takes, and, of course, remote roll. Oh, and there's the option to control your MasterLockit. Once that's out.

Best of all, we decided to offer this first implementation completely for free. With the ability to "play house" with the integrated recorder option you can now easily evaluate all the options and possibilities before laying your money down for a Beetle – and share with us your comments, suggestions and glitches you hopefully do not come across. We happily await your direct feedback and hope this will compensate somewhat for us being way overdue."