633 Bags

jwill

I know this has been chatted about....What bags are JW Sound users putting their Sound Devices 633s'

I see the Sting Ray...the SD/Porta Brace  bag with the whole kit purchase, what else is available and who likes what and why?

JHW

The Stingray is great, it's lightweight (for me, anyway) & build quality is great, nice stand up bag, rigid frame. I like it's pockets and sides for organization. Contrary to what some people have said - I don't think you need right angle cables to make it all fit. I'm quite happy with it. Going to take a look at the K Tek harness when I can get my hands on one.

post-4313-0-01394200-1397448784_thumb.pn

www.orcabags.com   The man that designed the Petrol bags is now designing Orca bags.  Saw them at NAB.  Familiar design, but dome better.  Metal framing system that makes them solid and sturdy and won't collapse.  Much better engineered  then the Petrol.

I use the Portabrace AO-1.5 or (AO-633) for my gear. Depending on whether you use the XL-B2 batteries with the 633 dictates which bag fits best. If you're NOT using the batteries on the underside of the bag and running an NP1 type system, then the AO-1 is a perfect fit. I simply use this bag because I run 6 wireless and pack the mixer in a hard case to travel. The strong bag is great for "throwing around". 

por2-11.jpg

The Orca 633 bag pictures above, I personally tried on. Compact and comfortable. It shows 2 wires, but will fit 6 411's as the main ouch has the elastic for the receivers.

Only catch is the card door is still hard to get open on the orca, however the lifter system allows you to set the mixer height in the bag.

Thanks!

Would love to see some soon!

The Orca bags will be out some time around June / July - they are doing some modifications based on feedback they got at NAB.

But currently K-Tek's Stingray is available, and Porta Brace has some options for the 633, and I believe Adam has posted on another thread that they are doing some redesigns / mods. And Petrol has a few bags that the 633 will fit into.

There are currently many new bag options - so check them out and choose what works for you.

The Orca bags will be out some time around June / July - they are doing some modifications based on feedback they got at NAB.

But currently K-Tek's Stingray is available, and Porta Brace has some options for the 633, and I believe Adam has posted on another thread that they are doing some redesigns / mods. And Petrol has a few bags that the 633 will fit into.

There are currently many new bag options - so check them out and choose what works for you.

Well, I was asking for my Nomad in particular. I have grown to hate my Petrol PS614 bag, and I'm in the market for a new one. If I can't find a good pre-made one (these Orca Bags have nearly everything I want), I was going to resort to making a custom, though more expensive, one with Kortwich.

Well, I was asking for my Nomad in particular. I have grown to hate my Petrol PS614 bag, and I'm in the market for a new one. If I can't find a good pre-made one (these Orca Bags have nearly everything I want), I was going to resort to making a custom, though more expensive, one with Kortwich.

The Nomad Stingray is the next thing on our list. 

I think that the Stingray for 633/Maxx is awesome! However, I feel like having the "underpants" on the outside able to be removed via zippers would make it much more versatile i.e. able to fit in Pelican cases etc by temporarily reducing width... anyone else with similar or opposing thoughts? 

I think this would be a good idea for the Nomad and 664 Stingrays as well...

• 4 weeks later...