Zaxcom QRX200/QRX100 software 3.27

glenn

Zaxcom has just released QRX software ver 3.27. Please go to our user group to get the new software. 

This software fixes the dual mode reception bug and has several enhancements that should make the dual mode as good as the single mode.

Please let us know how this works out for you. The new XR modulation required us to make some behind the scene changes that have now improved the system beyond our Hudson river trials. 

Best Wishes

Glenn

• 1 month later...

Also posted in the Zaxcom forum:

I noticed a bug in 3.27 QRX100 dual mode using two TRXs on 8.80 set to XR mono. If your 'A' TRX goes out of range and you power cycle the QRX it will recover the A signal when it is within range. However, if your 'B' TRX goes out of range and you power cycle the QRX you will never be able to recover the signal by itself when it is back within range. To recover both TRX in dual mode again you have to either:

1) Power down both TRX, power cycle the QRX, then power the TRXs back on. I do not believe it matters what order you power cycle the TRX. I tried AB and BA and they both worked.
2) Switch the RX mode on 'B' to US mono, power cycle the QRX, then manually change 'B' back to XR mono. If that doesn't work, then change both A and B to US mono and power cycle the QRX. Let it auto change A to XR mono, then you can manually change B to XR and it should pick back up (if TRX B is within range)

I had noticed roughly the same thing, that often I would have to press the A/B button to get the receiver to see a transmitter.

Though it hasn't been when a transmitter has gone out of range - more when I've first put radios up for a scene.

But my boom receiver only powers down over lunch - the additional radio receivers get powered up when needed and I have seen it more in those.

But pressing the A/B button has always fixed things for me.

Remembering that I need to press it occasionally hasn't been so easy.