Gotta love robo cams

I'm having a very similar problem on game days at Safeco field with home tv's new setup. They argue until blue in the face that it's not them. Frustrating to no end. When I fax my VR system with theirs off the scans are clean (other than dtv 16, a known issue) when they fire up it's near impossible. Ugh!

--au

The thing that's saving me today is being 10 feet from talent who isn't moving much.

Wandering Ear,

What an unfortunate situation, you have my sympathies.

Can you give any details about the manufacturers, models and operating freq's of the culprits? I don't know much about this technology.  

It sounds like a possible issue where maybe we can get our manufacturers involved on our behalf for a little more muscle in liaising with these other products.

Cheers,

Sean O'Neil

Brooklyn NYC 

They are Sony HD robo cams. They look similar to the ones kitchen nightmares uses, but i don't know the model. I didn't bring my rf explorer with me today, so i can't verify if it's the cams, the controller, the switcher, or any of the other components in the chain. I just noticed clean scans when everything was off, and a huge jump in rf when the robo cams (and everything) powered up.

I noticed it last night while we were doing a 1 hour live webcast, and i was very nervous, but no problems. I couldn't track down the source of the rf until this morning.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to be working around one of these Robo Cams next week, Sony BRC-H900 recording to a PIX 240. I'll be running three talent wires and sending wireless scratch to the Pix and also to another camera so I'm concerned about RF from the remote control.  Does anyone have any more information at what frequencies these are spitting out RF? I see Wandering Ear's scan is in the lower 600s.

Thanks. Bob