Welcome to our 9000th member!

Jeff Wexler

Can't believe I've spent 7 years on here, learning and contributing (often WAY more than I should).

Thanks again for this amazing resource.

Your participation, Robert, is one of the reasons this site works so well...  never too much (except, of course,  if we're talking about our member who has the record for the highest quantity of comments consisting of two words or less).

Ha! I just checked it out. I've been a member since Feb 26 2006. I really can't believe this place is that old. Nice that 9000 people from around the world have become members. It would also be great if more folks introduced themselves to the group via "Who I am today" or on their own. While real names are nice, so are "Handles" if we all know who is who. (my .02 cents)   As for over posting.... I don't think that applies to Sharman.

CrewC

That is great guys! Congrats Jeff for #9000! Crew I had to check my status May 2006! Jeff are you going to get 10 year, 15 year and 20 year pins?

Very Awesome! What a outstanding site for our craft... Hey guys time to "pony up" and make a donation to Jeff and the site. I know he has advertising but still we all should be making a yearly donation to help Jeff and this site which I consider  invaluable to our craft.

Whit

Thank you Whit and Crew, and all the others who were here from the beginning --- it is our members and their generosity, the wealth of knowledge and experience that has been shared, this is what makes JWSOUND what it is today. I think the idea of some acknowledgment, the 10 year pin or something, is a terrific idea. In this cyberworld we're in, however, I think the "pin" should be a virtual one, affixed to a member's profile for all to see. I'm going to think about this and see what I can do.

It is that time after the RAMPS/JW party at NAB that we should start the JW donation campaign every year to remind everyone to contribute to the site. This site brings so much to everyone in our craft. It should be this time every year to remind all of the members to make their donations to the site. Jeff I have no problem asking the members to donate. I know you are very modest and would never ask this but I have no problem posting and starting a annual campaign to do this. 

Thank you again for this site that provides so much for our craft!

Whit

9000? WOW. Is there a way to see how many are active in terms of posting and just reading? Every year at NAB I meet new people that say they just read JWSound but don't post. I'm curious how many of those people are out there. Believe it or not, some of you have become "audio celebrities" in our little world. 

I would temper the 9000th member celebration with the fact that relatively few of those are active. I know our host presides over every admission, but I do suspect there are several thousand who at best would be MIA; even so, with bots somewhat inhibited, the 9000 registrations speaks well of this forum...

I would temper the 9000th member celebration with the fact that relatively few of those are active. I know our host presides over every admission, but I do suspect there are several thousand who at best would be MIA; even so, with bots somewhat inhibited, the 9000 registrations speaks well of this forum...

Ah don't be a party-pooper.  Speaking of parties, where's the do in honor of the 10,000th member going to be?  Long Live JWS!

philp

Ah don't be a party-pooper.  Speaking of parties, where's the do in honor of the 10,000th member going to be?  Long Live JWS!

philp

Thank you Philip, you are one of a handful of core members that has been here from the very beginning, providing useful and engaging posts for the rest of the 9000 people that our resident party-pooper doesn't seem to think matter.

Congratulations, Jeff -- that's awesome!

...Yet, it's amazing how much more some of those silent partners contribute than someone who constantly seeks to derail conversations with drivel.

So, no "tempering" necessary.  Jeff has created something special here and has every reason to be a "proud papa" -- whatever the numbers.  Celebrating is definitely in order!

Speaking as someone who lurks a lot, Congratulations on Jeff for creating such a great wealth of information.

I post basically none, but that doesn't mean I'm not here every day reading and learning from the pro's.

I originally joined so I could see posted pictures of peoples setups. I don't post because I can usually find what I'm looking for using the O'l search function, and I know how much people love the "What is the best....." questions

So congratulations again to Jeff, and all the members who make this forum what it is!

My how time flies...I had to go look, but I too have been here since 2006!  I really had no idea!

Party-poopers aside, read, post, lurk, respond, whatever, all 9000 of us make this a great resource!!!!

Here's to 10,000..............

Oh I wish people would use their names, not such a good ring to "Welcome writer1230 as our 9000th new member!" In any case, it is a milestone for our great site, starting out in 2006 with just a handful of people, now in 2014 with 9000 members!

Welcome!

I vote to forbid anonymous posting.  Let's step this up to the ranks of a real professional forum.  If you wanna be anonymous, you should not be able to post.

In the "old" days of 2007 when I signed on, nearly everyone was using their real names.  It blew my mind.  So many working professionals that I can now communicate with!  The Internet seemed to be born for this purpose.  Now, with 80% of the posters posting under dumb avatar names, it's completely lost that magic.  There are so many redundant and masturbatory threads these days I am hard pressed to find a topic that gets the juices flowing.  If I knew who these people were, it would be different, more personal and intimate.  But I guess many of you are afraid of these things.

Yay 9000.  How many of those 9000 are real names?

Dan Izen