some photos of my sound cart and I, etc.

Coleman

Hi!  Thanks for the questions.  Yes that is the Fender Passport 150 powered mixer/

speaker system,  I was using for music playback, (the director wanted to play music that

he was using in the movie, a lot of times, when that actors were not speaking during the

scenes.  Also, we had some music playback with time code , and voice of God for the

first AD , as we had many scenes with 200 extras.

Yes that is the mackie onyx  with out the dc conversion.  I think that if you look at what

current draw, price factor, the dc to ac inverter works great.  Mine has no firewire A2D, 

as no recorders I have can see firewire, ha ha.  I have had some problems with one  of 

the outputs on the board, so it’s going back for a visit to mackie.  I have had great luck

with their other products, so I am in a holding pattern for a decision on the onyx for now. 

I have never had any problems with  the LaCie drive being that close to a power

amplifier.  But I only have 8 weeks experience with that set up.

Thanks, Coleman

Hi. New here.

With regards to the Onyx, I have the 1640 with firewire out and have had good results going into Metacorder... not my normal cart setup but that works.

On the cart I use a Presonus Firepod and take the direct outs and mix outs from my Sonosax.  That works great and is all DC on cart.

Tony

"My mother used to tell me 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant'. Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant"  - Elwood P. Dowd