SD 664 L/R outputs- for ifb feed via LMa

jackierd

I mostly use L/R outputs on SD664 to feed IFB-R1a via Lectro LMa ( ta3f to ta5f cable)  for director, director's crew and my boom operator. I pan boom to left and all lavalieres to right. (since thats what post production wants).  I switch (physically) between L/R output.

But the main problem on field is sometimes ( depending on the condition wind, traffic, etc...) I have to use right output to feed IFB, which is a problem for the boom operator, since he wants to hear the boom mic. 

Any suggestions? 

Put your boom op on his own IFB. This will allow you to communicate with him without the director hearing you (if you go out the comms out) and will allow the boom op to hear whatever he wants.

The 664 has too many output options for you to feel limited in this way.

Obviously, if you only have one channel of IFB, everyone hears the same thing. Or hard line your boom with a duplex.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for replying. Even though it is my first post, i ve learned a lot from this forum. ( just to mention)

In turkey for a serie mostly two sets of equipments will be working full-time. ( sometimes same venue- united as 1 crew or divided in two or totally on different locations.) since i have limited sources on combination of LMa + IFB r1a's, i don't really have the option to communicate thorough comm for the boom operator for two sets. 

I thought of making a switch. ( well i can only solder but it is above my skills. )

And sorry for was not being clear on my options and circumstances ( on equipment and how we work in Turkey). 

If you don't have the option to send a separate feed to the boom op, then you can just send the boom to the director and explain what he'll be listening to.

Or use one of your AUX tracks to route the IFB feed and you can select what you want to send to the IFB separate from what you're sending to mix.