Official JWsound start date...

cmassey

I'm pretty sure that the first site went live at the end of January in 2006. This was with SMF (Simple Machines Forum) the first software I used to build JWSOUND.NET. I am going to work out the exact timeline, if I can, including the various CinemaSound sites I had running. I remember very well all our original members and all my "experimenting" in the beginning. The next big transition was to Invision Power Board software, though I don't remember the date exactly.

I think that a motley handful of us long-timers signed on February 26, 2006 when Jeff first issued the call to action.  Twenty-two by my quick count. 

Of those twenty-two, fifteen have posted more than one hundred times and five of the original twenty-two have posted more than a thousand intelligent and insightful comments (...well, okay, some of them... perhaps... maybe a few...).

Four of the first day's twenty-two are among the top ten most active posters.  That count doesn't include our host, which means that half of the ten most active posters have been here since the dawning of the enlightened age.

Some of us either don't give up easily, or we're just, plain too stubborn to leave.

I changed my user name after getting in a couple of big fights. Not sure when I first signed up, or that affects things. I thought it was wise to not have my full name as my user name in case a potential employer decided to google me. Not sure it would ever matter, but I got some pretty passionate discussions in the early days.

I don't think I was around in 2006, however.

RE:  My previous post...

Just to be clear about it, it certainly doesn't matter when one joined, it's what a person contributes that matters.  Numbers can be fascinating, and therefore statistics, also.  However, I'm quick to point out that 87.63% of all statistics are flawed... including this one.

The point to be taken from my previous post is that the high percentage of early arrivals who have remained heavily involved is a testament to the value of this forum.

RE: My previous post...

Just to be clear about it, it certainly doesn't matter when one joined, it's what a person contributes that matters. Numbers can be fascinating, and therefore statistics, also. However, I'm quick to point out that 87.63% of all statistics are flawed... including this one.

The point to be taken from my previous post is that the high percentage of early arrivals who have remained heavily involved is a testament to the value of this forum.

That's how I took it :-)

It's a great place, and the early contributors paved the way for the rest of us.