Minor FreqFinder iPhone update

NewEndian

Hey folks, I'm working on a minor update with some bug fixes but I wanted your opinion on two things:

1. I may set the default protection settings to maximum and let you dial them down as needed (shouldn't need to for average cart setups)

2. I'm sure everyone's noticed the autodial that occurs when pressing the "+" button. I set it up so that the TVDB numbers are accounted for in the autodial. It selects the lowest dB channels. This also means it doesn't necessarily select frequencies in numerical order. I may continue to expand the autodial, and add some options for it. But for right now, I wanted to know whether you thought it would be more useful or annoying.

• 2 months later...

Hi Daveed,

TX Spacing Factor is a multiplier of your transmitter's bandwidth. Ideally, 2 transmitters should be able to be spaced as closely as can be without their relevant transmitted information overlapping. Unfortunately, a transmitter transmits to certain degree outside of it's bandwidth. A certain amount of buffer is built into the program. TX Spacing Factor allows you to increase (but not decrease) that buffer.

The other three settings are a matter of adjusting the amount of protection. Without going into too much detail, FreqFinder's defaults are the most conservative available by the app, and are most likely not necessary, but do not usually hinder an ordinary cart system. If you do find yourself limited by them, I would start by decreasing Intermod Spacing Factor, and then disabling 7th Order and then 3 TX Products.

In short, Intermod Spacing Factor increases the buffer between a transmitter's frequency and the frequency of any given calculated intermod product. Disabling 7th Order intermod products limits the calculation to 5th order products and lower. Disabling 3 TX Products limits the calculation to products only generated by 2 transmitter combinations whereas 3 TX products also calculates 3rd Order products generated by 3 transmitter combinations.

My inclination is to favor programming and well designed user interface over manual creation. Purely for selfish reasons: I enjoy programming and creating new features, and I also like to talk to you guys. Plus, I'm not done with FreqFinder (I only added those settings in January). Let me know that this meets your understanding.