TA3F cable stock?

Hi guys,

I want to wire two very short TA3F > TA3F cables to go from the direct outs of my 422 to my 744T. The necessary length is like less than eight inches. It's because the Remote Audio cable I currently use is annoyingly long: perhaps two feet.

So my question is what's the best cable stock to use? I don't feel like trashing the Remote Audio cable for this.

Rachel

You could always just shorten the cable you already have... Remote Audio uses top notch parts and cables...why not re-purpose them to suit your needs?

Or, take it one step further. Cut the existing cable in the half, and add 1 TA3 to each (now) un-terminated side.

Now you have 2 cables for the same amount of work and money as if you had just made a single new one!

I've got some of that cable and find it just a bit too thin for most connections except in very special

cases.

Eric

It's a 28 guage conductor compared to a 26 guage on the redco you mentioned. Not too much smaller. The W2901 (30 guage) feels a bit small for most stuff, but I've found the w3031 to be a robust cable especially for it's size.

Those Mogami cables are great for when you need to fit two pieces in one TA connector. And if you're dealing with Zaxcom gear that's pretty much all the time, they love putting two inputs/outputs on a single TA5.

That's why I got the Mogami, for I/O TA5 for Zax.

Eric