Rycotes new Super-Softie

Glen Deakin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, nice and yes

Wysyłana z jednego z moich komputerów osobistych urządzeń za pomocą internetowego programu, czy wiesz może jakie?

According to a well-known translating service - it should be: 

Wysłane z jednego z moich komputerów osobistych urządzeń za pomocą internetowego programu, czy wiesz może jakie?

:)

I've had one since NAB. Scott from Redding Audio was kind enough to give me one to take home to use and take some pictures. (He's a fan of House of Cards and Veep, so that seemed to be his generous motivation.

I absolutely love it. Super transparent and has replaced my full zeppelin on some days that I'd throw the zeppelin up immediately. Can handle rain as well, rings out just like the rainman. I HIGHLY recommend the super softie, as well as the super shield.

I'm also very interested in these new softies, especially with 'rough' and lightweight travelling in mind for FX recording - the thing I'm waiting to see is will (or can)  they develop any very short ones to suit MKH 80x0 series and similar sized mics ... when I looked they seemed to only be shotgun lengths (and with talk of "the right shape" as well as the materials I wonder if rycote need the length to make the system work) - I'll certainly be keeping an eye on them, and thanks Steve, Brennan and all for comments meanwhile.

Czesc,

Jez ('hedgehog' in Polish)

just back from testing the Super windshield and comparing it to the Rycote WS4. I was hoping that the sensitivity to handling noise might have improved but it is pretty much the same.

Having the CMIT in the suspension without the basket and tapping to the pistolgrip makes clack, clack. Adding the basket and tapping again makes a heavy cloooong, cloooong with a lot of low frequency. Some resonance comes into play.

Low cut is engaged on both the CMIT and mixer (80Hz).

According to a well-known translating service - it should be: 

Wysłane z jednego z moich komputerów osobistych urządzeń za pomocą internetowego programu, czy wiesz może jakie?

:)

Actually it should be : "Wysłane z jednego z moich osobistych urządzeń za pomocą internetowego programu, czy wiesz może jakiego?"

:D

• 4 months later...

just back from testing the Super windshield and comparing it to the Rycote WS4. I was hoping that the sensitivity to handling noise might have improved but it is pretty much the same.

Having the CMIT in the suspension without the basket and tapping to the pistolgrip makes clack, clack. Adding the basket and tapping again makes a heavy cloooong, cloooong with a lot of low frequency. Some resonance comes into play.

Low cut is engaged on both the CMIT and mixer (80Hz).

Hi Matthias

so is the supershield a bit weak than ws4 or is the same?

does it make this cloong on handling work?