Hello...from a man returning to the sound department

Damien Looney

Hello to you all,

I just wanted to re-intorduce my self to the group and say hello to everyone again. I was an active member here a few years back but left location sound to work in the photographic industry. I made the move back to sound a few months back and have been quite on the forum as I'm reacquainting myself with the sound experience (and loving it even more that I did when I started!!!). I still spilt my time between sound and photography, but try to tip the balance more towards sound work these day.

Anyway, this was just a way to say hello to you all, and I hope to become more active here again as time goes on.

Best,

Damien

There are a few of us here who have taken "vacations" from production sound and returned to it.  Something about the combo of freedom to work or not (however hallucinatory), the variety of locations and co-workers, the technical business joined with the physicality of the work, and the ability of the field to absorb misfits and intelligent folks with unusual personalities seems to always drag us back….I guess it IS home….

Welcome back.

philp

There are a few of us here who have taken "vacations" from production sound and returned to it.  Something about the combo of freedom to work or not (however hallucinatory), the variety of locations and co-workers, the technical business joined with the physicality of the work, and the ability of the field to absorb misfits and intelligent folks with unusual personalities seems to always drag us back….I guess it IS home….

Welcome back.

philp

Well said Mr P.

I've always called it the Hotel California. "You can check out any time you like, But you can never leave"... Well you can of course, but.................. Do you ever really leave?

CrewC