Canon 1D-C not recording scratch track

I'm working on a shoot with a C300, 1D-C and 5d. I'm recording to 664, sending audio and TC to C300 hardwire, and sending a mono scratch track to 1D-C and 5d via lectro 401.

C300 and 5d are fine, but 1D-C is failing to record the scratch track. I'm sending it line level (as per 1D-C menu). The level setting menu sees tone but upon playback there is no sound.

We've managed to work around it by keeping the 1D -C close and opening camera mic, but obviously, this won't work all the time. Has anybody experienced similar problems?

• 3 weeks later...

Canon has released a firmware update to fix the line level problem users have been experiencing with the 1D C. It fixes a phenomenon in which the line-level audio input function of some EOS-1D C cameras does not operate as expected with Firmware Version 1.3.4.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/cinema_eos_cameras/eos_1d_c?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e02480c13ac4