Nomad workflow tweaks

bwfmixer

Anyone else think the playback on the nomad 10 is a bit clunky?  For example, when doing playback, the system slows down, and when trying to switch between different HP monitor modes you always need to go back a few menus.  And then, you can only stop and play again if you're in the playback menu, not any other menu.  In other words, you can't do rapid playback between different ISO's.  And the meter at the bottom doesn't reflect the specific track you're monitoring in your headphones.  This would be helpful for both me naturally but also the director when he/she wants a quick playback of a track on set, in between takes when time is an issue.

Somewhat related, it would be great to have a home screen that gives you inputs + card tracks.  They seem to be mutually exclusive in the home screens.  (Inputs+Outputs, Inputs, Outputs, Card Tracks+Outputs, etc.)  

Have you tried voicing your concerns in the Zaxcom forum

Theres a thread talking about this exact issue.

Also have you tried using default HP setting, when in playback it defaults to that HP setting, you have to name it certain name, it escapes me at the moment.  

I agree with you though, playing back ISOs are a pain. 

Thanks for reminding me Ferdinand ... fellow nomad users I know personally all say agree but haven't seen this much on jwsound nor the manual.  These oughta be effortless software fixes for zaxcom, if enough people demanded it.

WOW...another I wish my < pick your device > was different thread.. :blink:

If you wish to see it that way. However, in the case of Nomad feature development, Zaxcom has paid close attention and these threads have forged a relationship between Zaxcom and its customers that has resulted in numerous notable improvements in the Nomad firmware.

The typical format has been a new topic for each idea under discussion (this is a discussion group), and has served Zaxcom and its customers well.

I'm surprised you haven't picked up on that.

Will test out the Play feature... thank you Jack and Jason.  Didn't spot that in the manual.  I'm assuming the ultimate solution will be a new combo key command, like bus+volume press, etc.  

Looking forward to whatever upgrades come to the interface!  Part of the excitement of being an Nomad user!

Looking forward to whatever upgrades come to the interface!  Part of the excitement of being an Nomad user!

Try to maintain that excitement, even though you may wait a while for some apparently simple tweaks. Many things have been improved on the Nomad software in the past, others haven't, and there is still a long list that Zaxcom is "working on". Patience is generally a good thing here.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...