Red Dragon does not sync...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard, how old is tour SB3? Mine is a new one and jams epic no problem. My friend's sb3 is old one and does not jam the epic. I think denecke revised the voltage on their sb3s.

I just found a way to jam the dragon. After trying erx " all voltages" and denecke sb3, i plugged my slate. Initially the dragon did not sync but when I restarted the slate it did...

magic ...

Richard, how old is tour SB3? Mine is a new one and jams epic no problem. My friend's sb3 is old one and does not jam the epic. I think denecke revised the voltage on their sb3s.

Hi Rado,

We have not changed the output level of the SB-3. It has always been the same. There are some SB-2 that have a hotter output, but not many of them are out there.

Best Regards,

Charlie

I stopped supplying Lock-it boxes 5 years ago. I have them supplied by the camera rental house - so any issues with them are theirs!

I'm not really sure when these SB-3's were manufactured.

I never supply them for this very reason. Also I feel the rental should be a camera or DIT thing.

CrewC

One day shoot with the Dragon today. It would not recognize the incoming code. Tried the ERX at all voltages, tried jamming directly from Nomad BNC using camera department's RED made TC I/O cable, no luck. Even tried cross jamming 23.98 with 29.97 and it still did not take ( someone mentioned this worked for them in another thread). I did not think to try jamming directly from my denecke Ts-2(sb). I am wondering if that would have worked.

Also, we could not get audio to work either. In the audio menu, all audio drop down menus would not drop down and were blank. Obviously a camera firmware issue.

Hi Rado,

We have not changed the output level of the SB-3. It has always been the same. There are some SB-2 that have a hotter output, but not many of them are out there.

Best Regards,

Charlie

thanks.

do you think it is possible my friend's sb-3 needs to go back for a repair?

thanks.

do you think it is possible my friend's sb-3 needs to go back for a repair?

I doubt it, but we will definitely check it out for him if he wants to be sure.

I found another way:

switching my slate from read to write mode it jams the camera and keeps in sync...

Thant's interesting. The TC level on slates is the same as our sync boxes. Real strange.......

Charlie

Yep. My "fix" was jamming directly from nomad sending 30DF to 23.97 on the cam. Once it locked I plugged in my ERX on the correct TC and it maintained sync until wrap. Took us hours of troubleshooting, not to mention sneers from the DP (my friend) that my "new" recorder didnt work properly.

Hello Marc, bwf, dear friends & Hon. Senator Mike!

Fury has spent a fair amount of time, with RED tech and the determination is that the is a DRAGON hardware issue.  To be sure, it is, at once, vexing and perplexing, to all.  The above workarounds , while meritorious, are not facile enough, for routine field applications.  Fury has been informed, by RED tech, that they continue to work on this issue, which admittedly has taken longer than all had hoped...

In short, it depends...

Fury shall report back, here, if new developments warrant.

Thank you very much

Fury

• 2 weeks later...