Anyone ever mix with a clavicle injury?

truelife

Just broke my clavicle through an unfortunate meeting with a magliner. Anyone have any ideas for holding a 633 with four wireless and a boom? Was thinking of rigging up a monopod to lighten the load on my good shoulder and sling the bag with a strap, saddle-bag style. Booming could be problematic, but my gig is not totally run and gun...

I did it... but from a cart....many years ago... and that was hard... All I had to do was sit and mix... It's the moving around, the loading... unloading... time on your feet as well...  I never even had to load and unload and set up..  and it was painful  ..

Once the bone sets a bit things get better... but one false move and.... pop.... 

Bag work?... No way.... I can't even imagine... That bone is a structure brace in your body... something pulling down on a or both shoulders... forget it.. No way.. no how.... no amount of money.... 

I would not do it...  get some rest... heal up.... then go out...

Truelife the job is over mate

You may well indeed find a way to lighten the load on one side, all you are doing is increasing weight onto one side of your body while creating excess stress, wrecking your posture and hindering the bone from knitting properly.

Take my advice I have broken mine 4 times one of which was a compound fracture.

No job is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not a chance like others said give it time.  I shot with a broken right hand but only after I had taken the first month off and even then shot is kinda a loose way of putting it.  In my case I had to relearn how to manage iris zoom and focus with my left hand while my right was in the cast.  Still hurt like the dickens when something irritated the nerves though.  Not a chance I would attempt that with a clavicle it is one of those injuries you want healed correctly otherwise you could just end up with more problems or even having to pay a doctor to re break it for you because things didn't set right and need to be straightened out.  

Thanks guys. Good advice from all. I have my own Worker's Comp and since it was actually a job I was producing, they should theoretically cover me, even working for my own company- but with insurance I guess you never know. Particularly bad timing since I'm also moving next week  :(

Still, it's a particularly meaty job so kind of painful to let it go...