Show me your pack

MarcPDesaulniers

Hi everyone,

A while ago I saw a couple of pictures of mixers/recorders all together for seize comparaison. I tought it was a nice thing to see and I would like to see the same for different types of TXs.

I would especially like to see a picture of an SMQV and a TRXLA2 side by side, but for everyone's sake it would be nice to see other models ( Wisicom, Audio LTD, Sennheiser, Lectro new series... )

Any of you gentlemen is able to do that?

Thanks,

Marc

Salut marc!

Note that both zaxcom and lectro offer a 1 or 2 battery model transmitter that will significally change the size if the pack. You will sacrifice a lot of battery life if you wanna go small. I prefer longer battery life than size personnaly.

The ability to take the belt clip off will help you the most when hiding the transmitter really.

Note that both zaxcom and lectro offer a 1 or 2 battery model transmitter that will significally change the size if the pack. You will sacrifice a lot of battery life if you wanna go small. I prefer longer battery life than size personnaly.

I agree. If you want to go the Zaxcom route - the LA is about the width of a AA battery larger. With the slightly bigger pack you get a longer run time and the ability to set the output power level at 125mW. The maximum power level of the LT is 50mW.

Merci Dominique, Thanks Jack,

I already own SMQV but, being a Nomad owner, I want to make the switch to Zax wireless this summer for reasons you both must know.

I also prefer life battery over seize. On Zaxcom's website, the LT is claimed to give up to 5 hours of running time, wich I found quite reasonable, being the fact that I get about 6-7 hours with my SMQV in real world situation (running most of the time at 100mW).

Now things I must find out is: is the 5 hours run time of the LT is real and what range I can expect to get on 50mW with the QRX200 and LT2. I guess I will find out when I'll rent the things for a week or so when I'll get back to Montreal.

By the way, Kelsey's clips looks great, I'll make sure to order a few in a couple of months!