Sound devices 633 No Mono Return?

chrisyking

Hiya all.

Just a quick and probably really dumb question.

How do you get a mono summed return on the 633? I have made a headphone preset with both return channels on and the 'mono' switch selected, but the return in the headphones is still split. 

What am I doing wrong?

Am I right in saying the 633 can't do this? Surely it can? If not this is a HUGE mistake!!

Chris

Seems nuts to have left that out. Such a basic thing to need to do!!! I wonder if they'll get it sorted in a firmware upgrade... I read somewhere else that it might be a hardware limitation.......just don't understand why they think people would need this...;(

Making a mono summing box for your bag that can be pre return would be an easy DIY.

The 788T doesn't have a dedicated return, so many of us made/purchased a return headphone switcher. Handy and easily implemented.

Yes unfortunately the return doesn't seem to be able to be mono'd. I'm hoping this isn't a hardware limitation and can be fixed in firmware, but it sounds like it can't.

This is such a page 1 omission by sound devices...... fortunately most of the cameras I work with are selectable, but it means yet more fiddling with the camera. Not happy at all....